• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

any benefit from using liquid CO2

Bisley

Seedling
hello

i am currently dosing co2 liquid and i am also running a pressurised co2 system (with tunze co2 diffuser )

just wondering does it really important to use the liquid with the pressured co2 system ?

i have a total system of 1000 litter and currently dosing 20ml co2 liquid a day with pressurised co2 running from 7am to 7pm (lights on at 10am and off at 6pm)

thanks

Still under construction

Attachments

• IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2943.JPG
    IMG_2943.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
Not sure, i maybe wrong. Taking the carbon from co2 cost less energy for plants. So i wonder why the plants would go break the carbon from liquid carbon, when co2 is present. Taking the carbon from the liquid carbon cost more energy to plants, it is less efficient.

Michel.

i had to switch my pressurised system for two days and kept dosing co2 all my plants went down in terms of colour once i switched the pressurised co2 on again all were flourishing again!

i will finish the 2 litter i have and i won't be ordering anymore

I used to use liquid, now I use pressurised. I dont see the point of both?

I do not use the gas,but do use liquid carbon supplement in low tech NON CO2.
Have seen modest improvement.
Don't know that I would bother with daily dosing of the liquid carbon if I was also using pressurized gas.

Liquid carbon has a couple of advantages when combined with gas. It can give you a little bit more carbon if you don't fancy running your gas at high values without being toxic to fish. It also is an algaecide so keeps certain algae at bay as well as killing others if over dosed and sprayed direct. It's also quite useful while you are getting your gas dosing right.

It's true that liquid carbon is an effective algaecide and a complementary source of carbon for plants, some plants prefer it over pressurised CO2 ; in low tech setups can replace the pressurised CO2 ; but for red plants - and other green demanding ones, see the Tropica classification - nothing can replace good lighting and pressurised CO2 ; I've been using both - liquid and pressurised - for a while and I'm pleased with the results

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Back