• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias Ducky

zozo

Is doing realy well, got it from Roy (@Greenfinger2, thanks mate! :thumbup:) few months ago only a rooted rhizom without any leaves, he had grown in semy submersed. It was like dormant a few weeks, nothing much did happen.. I thought Ducky? Kwek kwek? Why not?? Duckies need to float and did tie it on the driftwood near the surface in my new tank. It seems to like it up there.. Made 3 leaves and a flower within 6 weeks.
DSCF5709 (Kopie).JPG

The first leaf didn't like beeing emersed and dried out a bit, the second did a bit better and the thirth realy has no sign of trouble with it and seems addapted to the lesser humidity rather well.. And now it has made a flower too..
DSCF5733 (Kopie).JPG

I searched for A. Barteri Ducky.. But i couldn't find any specific info on the origin of Ducky.. Does anybody know a bit more about this variant, why is it different than other a. barteri?? Is it realy called ducky because of it's eas to grow emersed. I have nana's in the same condition not doing so great and are much slower. ??

And your avatar is quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen.

I have no clue, it came to me as only ducky.. It came from Greenfinger, he's from london, so the chances it's a UK variety are present. But Roy also doesn't know and couldn't find any info..
I realy don't know, till now i wasn't able to find any information about any ducky.. It grows and flowers happily, added some extra micros and it's color improved and flower got longer within a few days..
DSCF5768 (Kopie).JPG

It's like some nursery said "Eureka we have made a Ducky!?" launched it on the market but forgot to tell the world what it is, other than just a Barterii and hide the rest of the information..

Last edited:
Back