• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another thread about plants in a nano tank

Tanksy

Hi,

I didn't want to hijack another thread, so I thought I could start this one.

My tank is a 30lt Dennerle NanoCube, 35Hx30Wx30D. It's still cycling at the moment (dark start) but I've already purchased the light, a Chihiros C2 RGB, and the CO2 system. The substrate is Tropica Aqua Soil Powder, the filter is a Fluval 107 and the heating will be a DIY inline contraption with a Visitherm 150W.

Water parameters at the moment :
pH: 6.5
KH: 1 dKH
GH: 8dGH
TDS: 160
Temp: 29 C (will gradually drop to 23-24 C when tank is planted)

I'd like to add the following plants:
Hemianthus Callitrichoides "Cuba" as a carpet
Monoselium Tenerum
Flame Moss
Rotala Indica "Bonsai"
Alternanthera Reinickii "Mini"
Staurogyne Repens
Eriocaulon Cinereum and
Salvinia Auriculata as a floating plant

Do you think that I should remove or replace any of them?

Thank you in advance.

Hi
Just a little warning.
I will swap the Monoselium Tenerum for Riccardia chamedryfolia as that stuff grows fast and attaches to anything. Im forever plucking it out of my low tech.Its all over the wood,in my ferns ,buces and anubias.
Riccardia does the same but is more compact and not so quickly growing ;)
Regards Konstantin

Hi
Just a little warning.
I will swap the Monoselium Tenerum for Riccardia chamedryfolia as that stuff grows fast and attaches to anything. Im forever plucking it out of my low tech.Its all over the wood,in my ferns ,buces and anubias.
Riccardia does the same but is more compact and not so quickly growing ;)
Regards Konstantin
I like Riccardia. And slow growth means less maintenance. Thank you @Konsa !

Most of the plants I'm buying are Tropica 1 2 Grow. Do you think I'm going to need more than 1 cup per plant?

At last, tank's cycled and I'm about to order my plants. Do you think the plants in the list could fit well my 30lt Nanocube?

Hemianthus Callitrichoides "Cuba" as a carpet
Monoselium Tenerum
Flame Moss
Rotala Indica "Bonsai"
Alternanthera Reinickii "Mini"
Staurogyne Repens
Eriocaulon Cinereum and
Salvinia Auriculata as a floating plant

And should I buy more than 1 pot of HC Cuba to cover at least 2/3 of the substrate?

Thank you in advance.

eriocaulon cinereum is an annoying one. needs constant splitting and removal of flower stalks to keep it looking in tip top shape.

Back