• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another Plant ID post..

tomsouthall

Seedling
Hi all,

Appreciate these sort of posts might be a bit annoying, but does anyone know what this plant is? It must have arrived attached to another one and was happily growing halfway up a Miranthemum. I took it off and planted it and it has continued to grow and grow! I've got it in the foreground in the tank, but looks like it might get big!

Tom.

Attachments

• Plant Pic.jpg
    Plant Pic.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 146
Great - thanks all. Looks like I need to replant towards the back then! While you are being so helpful... any ID on this floating stuff on the surface of the tank? It looks similar to the 'duck weed' I get in my garden pond and seems to act similar too, no matter how much I net and remove it, it multiplies and reappears within hours!!

Plant Pic.jpg

Tom.

Great nutrient export though and a good food source for herbivorous fish / shrimp. It's used in aquaponics as a food source for Tilapia as it's relatively high in easily digestible protein.

Back