• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another day in paradise. The final picture.

Re: Another day in paradise. Video update. Day 157.

Aquadream said:
This is what it looks now. Very close to the final shot.
Day157.jpg

You must be so proud of this scape. It is quite simply UNIQUE. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Another day in paradise. Video update.Day 157.

Looks like fish are superimposed in the video, looks like their are being blown backwards! Strange, nice looking tank in photographs though

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

This is a crackin' example of healthy plants. It's also apparent that your upkeep and maintenance skills are at the top of their game to.

An unusual layout, which works pretty well. Are you happy with it?....what are you planning for the next scape'?

Mark Evans said:
This is a crackin' example of healthy plants. It's also apparent that your upkeep and maintenance skills are at the top of their game to.

An unusual layout, which works pretty well. Are you happy with it?....what are you planning for the next scape'?
Thank you Mark.
The layout is unusual indeed, just like all my previous layouts. I am always looking for something new and different. And of course if there is a rule I will be the first to challenge it. :) That is why I am driven to create this sort of surreal layouts.
I do have plans for not just one new scape, but got only one big tank. So it will have to be one at a time.
The next one will be real crazy stuff.

I have collected personally from the mountain hills number of karst rocks. That type of rocks have not been used much in aquascaping so far or at least I am not aware of it.

These rocks look like ghost faces that may drive some folks to the edge. Under certain light conditions they can look quite scary to.

srm1973 said:
Looks like fish are superimposed in the video, looks like their are being blown backwards!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
The rasboras are swimming that way in the evening hours. They like to play around the filter current a lot.
Long ago I have been breeding Blue Rams and when the young ones were in great numbers let say 150-200 they use to swim just the same way.

Antipofish said:
Aquadream said:
This is what it looks now. Very close to the final shot.
Day157.jpg

You must be so proud of this scape. It is quite simply UNIQUE. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Very impressive, Aquadream. Your style is very interesting.

The plant health looks incredible. Can you remind us about some tech specs and maintenance, please?

Excellent photo too. :)

George Farmer said:
Very impressive, Aquadream. Your style is very interesting.

The plant health looks incredible. Can you remind us about some tech specs and maintenance, please?

Excellent photo too. :)
Thank you George.
Actually there were some changes done. I have swaped the grey rocks for Dragon Stone sort of a brownish colour. Also I have removed some of the Pellia woods, but will have to keep that latest trimmed appearance for contests.
Water parameters are;
GH - 5-6 dGH
KH - 1-2 dKH. This one shifts a bit over the week, because of the K2CO3 that I use as one of K+ sources.
PH - 6.7 It varries between 6.3 and 7 in the daily cicle.
NO3 - 1ppm per day. The build up would go up to 6-7 ppm by the end of each week.
PO4 - 0.5 ppm per day. The build up would go up to 0.6 ppm by the end of each week.
CO2 - 40 ppm target. What it is in reality? Who knows. no way to measure accurately.
Fertilizers.
Micro - Easy life Profito. I started the set up with ADA, but it finished and now is Easy Life.
Macro - KNO3, KH2PO4, Ca(NO3)2, Mg(NO3)2, Urea, K2CO3, KCl, K2SO4.
Aditives.
ADA Pyton Git, ADA Green Gain, ADA Green Bacter
Day 188 from start. The picture bellow is not final contest photo.
Day188.jpg

Re: Another day in paradise.Update Day 188.

mvasingh said:
What moss did you use? Stunning scape!

Mike
Lomariopsis Lineata (Round Pelia).

Re: Another day in paradise. Finished.

Can't believe I had not seen this 'till now!

Definately one of my favourite ever scapes, the branches create an amazing sense of depth. Plants look ridiculously healthy aswell. :thumbup:

Re: Another day in paradise. Video-The complete work.

Lovely Georgie ! Shows just how lucky those who ended up with plants from your tank were ! I will miss this scape but looking forward to the new one :)

Re: Another day in paradise. Video update.

Ady34 said:
Truly, truly outstanding.
Cleanliness and plant health second to none.
Great achievement.
Ady.
Ive said it once but ill say it again...
truly, truly outstanding!
:woot:
Ady.

Excellent video featuring some of the healthiest plants and fish I think I've seen. The aquascape is really brought to life with such a fine production.

What camera, lens and lighting are you using for this video?

that is just beautiful. Brilliant video!

George Farmer said:
Excellent video featuring some of the healthiest plants and fish I think I've seen. The aquascape is really brought to life with such a fine production.

Thank you George.
The Camera is Canon EOS 600D with the standard 18-55 mm kit.

Aquadream said:
George Farmer said:

Thank you George.
The Camera is Canon EOS 600D with the standard 18-55 mm kit.
Great! Thanks. How about lighting?

Back