• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Annoying thing adout ADA Aquasoil...

sanj

It is a pain in the backside when it comes to trying to keep shallow rooted plants like Hair grass and Glosso.

In my previous set up I got a great carpet of dwarf hairgrass, the substrate being silica sand over JBL Aquabasis. It held very well when doing maintenance. Not so with aquasoil and i now have bald patches. I think also perhaps the plant growth has slowed down somewhat so that i dont see roots developing as rapidly and this could be part of the problem. I have since upped the CO2.

I guess it is a combination of things, fish dont help when rooting around, but in previous subtrate it would not have been an issue.

I dont have this issue so much with other plants like inclufing Pogestimon helferi and various foreground crypts, but they have bigger root systems and are easier to anchor.

I use the Malaya version, not really sure that i have noticed visually any headway over the previous subtrate. Maybe i was expecting somthing more because of the way everyone raves about it on the internet. A bit like having high expectations over a film that has had lots of good reviews, you go to see it and it isnt as amazing as it was made out to be. I dont think it is a bad subsrate at all, but so far do not feel i have seen substantially better results over others like the JBL.

Anyway it annoying me at the moment over not anchoring Dwarf hairgrass and glosso very well, i try and re plant and so much just floats up again. Maybe it will eventually grow over fro mthe other areas.

Just dig it right down and persevere, it'll grow out fine.
I know what you mean though, I'm looking at a clump of HC thats just floated loose as I type :twisted:

Just get it back in and eventually it'll anchor itself.

I have the same problems with gravel.

Sometimes I use patience, but often I just use plant weights :lol:

Back