• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angels and quins

jamesb

Much to my dismay my 2 angels who up until today have been pretty placid. (occasional chase but nothing major) turned demon with the new arrival of my 12 harlequin rasboras (now 11 thanks to angels). One was instantly chasing them relentlessly even with the lights out and the second would gang up when it suited. I borrowed a small tank from my mother in law to temporarily house the angels until we decide what to do. The power head is bust so relying on air-stone for gas exchange and constant water changes. The long and short of it is I want a school of fish in the tank and it was a toss up between the Quins and some rummy noses. My Lfs had no rnt and as my Angels are still pretty small I thought I would be ok with the Quins. Oh how wrong could I be. I was going to take angels to Lfs as I am worried they are going to start on everything now they have tasted blood so to speak but my mrs has pleaded with me to keep them hence the hexagonal monstrosity on my coffee table. I am wondering if I trade the Quins in for credit and waited for some rnt do you think I will be ok or is this the start of a slippery slope for the angels. I would say they are about 3 inch high in body ATM.

I never found a balance with angels in a community, but then i didnt try for long... after 2 months they were shipped out into somethingfishy's tank with rummies which all ended up as an expensive snack bar a few of the largest. He was well chuffed :lol: If your anywhere near cambridge i have 10 fully grown cardinals they shouldnt bother you can have if you help catch them!
:thumbup:

Yeah I am thinking they will have to go because as much as I would love to get a second nice big tank for an angel based biotope I don't have the space. Or the money really but lets face it. If we have the space we tend to find the penny's somewhere lol. Just got to convince the mrs to let the angels go. NOT EASY.

easerthegeezer said:
I never found a balance with angels in a community, but then i didnt try for long... after 2 months they were shipped out into somethingfishy's tank with rummies which all ended up as an expensive snack bar a few of the largest. He was well chuffed :lol: If your anywhere near cambridge i have 10 fully grown cardinals they shouldnt bother you can have if you help catch them!
:thumbup:
lol thanks for the offer but it's a lil out f my way and I think they would only become dinner if the angels had their way.

Only tetra's that I have had success with while caring for Angelfish are the larger bodied tetra's such as Lemon,bleeding heart,Emperor's, Pristella's.
Though the angelfish are still small, Adult's could easily eat the rummynose,cardinal's,and other such slim fish.
Once kept a group of juvenile Discus with rummy nose and cardinal's and all was well until the Discus became five inches long, at which point the tetra's slowly began to dwindle in number's and they refused to come out to feed.
Perhap's the young Discus which received three or four small feeding's a day weren't eyeing the tetra's as food for they were well fed.
When Discus reached five inches ,I reduced feeding's to once a day, and perhap's they were hungrier?
Angelfish I have kept would snap up smaller fishes it seem's, just cause they could .
Above mentioned tetra's were only long term survivor's, and they too,, would forage along the bottom for food rather than come to the surface and attention of the Angelfish once the Angelfish reached Adult size.

Back