• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Angel delight mark 2

jojouk

So here is my new project.

Juwel Rio 240.
Substrate so far is play sand, a bit of cat litter and a bit of columbo florabase.
Hardscape is my lovely manzanita, and some seiryu stone. Didn't have as much rock as I wanted ideally, but one bit is being used to weight down the big bit of manzy.

All comments welcome, good and constructive!

Obviously will be planted up soon :)

The angles of the wood on the left side are not ideal, but I wanted to encourage it as a spawning area for my pair of angels that will be going in there.

:D

52931289-A8F6-402A-8CA5-3ED12C288338_zpswslolrpy.jpg

2AF16490-800C-4A35-BA2E-CF5D28B585EE_zps3ymmku1v.jpg

Your Angels will love that!

I wanted to encourage it as a spawning area for my pair of angels that will be going in there.

You will be surprised on the places where angels will spawn! I've had my pairs spawn on the glass, the heater, the filter and of course plants too.

Thanks for the nice comments :) Yeah, they spawned like clockwork every 2 weeks in my old 5ft, on the glass, on plant leaves, but favoured the filter inlet recently, which is a nightmare logistically!! Had them with another pair of angels, so the eggs never lasted more than 2 days. This time they will be in their own with some Cory's and some rasboras.

I have some plants left over from my 5ft, but they have been in a bucket for about 2 months, so some may be quite ropey by now!

I have tonnes of peacock and weeping moss in my shrimp tank, so that will go somewhere, I have some ricca floating about too.

Anubias that also needs nursing back to former glory, will be on too of the mound somewhere, and lots of different types of crypt. And some stems behind that.

I'm looking to get some blyxia for the right side front in between the rocks and to the left of the 'mound'

And them something to fill the left side, although that's undecided!

I love this. Looks really nice.
Some Cyperus helferi or vallis in that back right corner would look amazing. Looking forward to watching this.

I'll have to sort through my buckets tomorrow to see what's still alive!

My rio is now all planted, and fish are in their new home :) took me literally all day. Bought a few new plants too, whoops! I'll post a pic as soon as it settles a bit.

Anubias likes being stored in buckets. It had grown MASSIVE over the two months it was in there. I actually had to trim it down.

I'm actually very happy with it, still waiting for a few more plants to arrive on Tuesday, then it's just waiting for it to grow in :)

Backing now on, co2 set up.

Today is day 1 :)

Oh, and the angels are spawning! :D

9B76DE02-BF7B-423B-85E9-009803AF179C_zpsmtqq49hh.jpg

F3BCB2C9-D793-4E84-8A43-C382C0CFDFDF_zpssk9pktzp.jpg

One week old. Nice growth on the bacopa on the back :)

34B84496-4269-428A-9B55-977B558AEB1A_zpstqvbfkwr.jpg

Looking nice,thought that the moss you sold me could have been used in here:lol:

Cheers
Martin

I still have tonnes of moss left in Tupperware boxes! There is some moss in there, but it's kinda hidden at the moment!

Latest FTS. Have run out of co2, can't get to the gas place until next week grrr.

Also please excuse my angel fry container! Trying to raise about 40 angel fry myself, as the parents are quite useless!

The ricca at the front floated off...

256F7620-76E5-430A-A64D-72AAE9FF40B4_zps0l7ct26y.jpg

Back