• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's "Twisted Wood" UPDATED 10May14

Great growth in 25 days Andy. Am really glad you're back with your journals. How much of CO2 are you injecting at the moment? Your Up! Super diffuser looks empty of water!

Great growth in 25 days Andy. Am really glad you're back with your journals. How much of CO2 are you injecting at the moment? Your Up! Super diffuser looks empty of water!

Interesting you say that about the Up Super diffuser, its has a little more water in it now, but has only been running for 24hrs. Should it be full? Its working fine the way it is, the instructions don't say to fill it with water. Have i got it wrong?

Interesting you say that about the Up Super diffuser, its has a little more water in it now, but has only been running for 24hrs. Should it be full? Its working fine the way it is, the instructions don't say to fill it with water. Have i got it wrong?

I've just noticed that yours is different. In yours, the water flows through the ceramic bit. If you look at mine, the CO2 gets injected in the ceramic bit instead.
DSC02590_zpsf8e84fef.jpg

In action, filled with water.
DSC02598_zpsf54cba03.jpg

I've just noticed that yours is different. In yours, the water flows through the ceramic bit. If you look at mine, the CO2 gets injected in the ceramic bit instead.
DSC02590_zpsf8e84fef.jpg

In action, filled with water.
DSC02598_zpsf54cba03.jpg

When I had one running this is how it was too.

Surely Andys is gonna cause problems with gas build up inside the atomizer?

Something doesn't seem right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff, however! I think its right.

Mine is the "Up inline large super co2 atomizer 12/16mm"

See this picture:

Taken from Tankscape.co.uk where i bought it.

I think the one you have is Up Inline small super CO2 Atomizer 12/16. UP Inline Small Super CO2 Atomizer 12/16mm (D-519-12-S)

They also do a twin one with both the small tube and the big tube in the same unit, for the double whammy.
:(I have quickly pulled apart and it won't go together any other way.
So it works in reverse to yours, CO2 builds up in chamber and passes through ceramic into the water flow.

Weird!

Andyh

Fair enough mate, I just took it the large and small tube were both the same.

As long as it works, who cares lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its now noisier since i tinkered with it! Booooooo Gonna have to play with it now till it settles down again.

Its confusing though, might see if i can get the smaller ceramic tube so i can switch and see which way works best, its appears the bodies are the same.

I also have worked out that you have to tighten the lid/seal well or water gets in and fills the chamber thus preventing it from working properley.

Its now noisier since i tinkered with it! Booooooo Gonna have to play with it now till it settles down again.
I bought one and never bought another one, because its quite difficult to close it properly once opened to clean. On my "small" unit, once I tighten the screw cap, it moves the top plate slightly, which puts the ceramic tube out of alignment. As a result CO2 bubbles escape from the bottom or top of the ceramic tube in large bubbles instead. Also it wouldn't seal properly, had to put some plumbers PTFE tape on the cap.

Hey

Its been an age since i last updated, to much chocolate and JD over xmas!

Everything growing well, its had a massive trim a few weeks back to thin it all out.

Anyway here is a few pics:

Full tank shot, you will notice the Rotala has gone. I didn't like the way it was sitting.
12036851154_b62a154ba1_b.jpg
Full Tank Shot 19/01/2014 by andyh_2011, on Flickr

One of my CRS
12036856994_93dcc66b0d_b.jpg
Crystal Red Shrimp by andyh_2011, on Flickr

12037321336_fc4953a695_b.jpg
Chocolate Gouramis Shoal by andyh_2011, on Flickr

The leader of the Gouramis, his colours are amazing, this pic doesn't do him justice.
12036770913_31ce868846_b.jpg
"The Leader of the Pack", Chocolate Gouramis. by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Andyh

Back