• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's "Twisted Wood" UPDATED 10May14

Well it a tmc ultima 1500 over about 80ltr tank volume so not sure on wpg as its led. High light definatly held though as its pretty much all green in my low tech

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Where did you get that wood from its gorgeous!

Hey Gary, yes the wood is quite special isn't it :)
I purchased a box from Tom Barr (plantbrain) here on the forum and he arranged for it to be shipped over here from the USA.

Well it a tmc ultima 1500 over about 80ltr tank volume so not sure on wpg as its led. High light definatly held though as its pretty much all green in my low tech
Ok that backs up my thoughts around its high lighting requirements. I am currently running 2 x 24HOt5's at about 8" above the tank to give a soft start going to physically lower the lights bit by bit over the coming weeks to slow introduce more light. I also have the option of turning on the 3 and 4th tubes if required.

Beautiful andy. And obviously fantastic taste in fish.
Sphaerichthys Selatanensis???

Cheers Dude, knew you would approve. Yes my best guess is that they are Sphaerichthys Selatanensis.

Andy

Day 25 (just a quick iPhone photo update)

Just a quick update, everything is growing well, water changes still taking up a majority of my time. Plant health is great, and everything is growing well.
11075251586_d3b5331c1b_b.jpg
Ignore the floating plants, just a couple of pieces of plant sourced from a UKAPS member i plan to add in the next few days.

11075183395_602d5f4b91_b.jpg
Limnophila Hippuridoides by andyh_2011, on Flickr

The Limnophila is slowly starting to show its true colours, its fast becoming a favourite of mine

Thanks for looking
Andyh

Beautiful come back Andy, great to see you havnt lost your touch! Another cracker for the collection.

Looking Good, but were are my CRS.
Hope those Chocs have not had a Banquet !!!!!

They appear to be good at hiding, i am sure they will be fine :)
Its looking great Andy and its really filled out well - how often are you changing the water now and what amount?

Hey Gary, thanks for the kind words. Water change is twice to 3 times per week at the moment approx 25% per time.
Beautiful come back Andy, great to see you havnt lost your touch! Another cracker for the collection.

Thanks Ady, the plants seem to be doing well, i hope to get a real dense plant mass in this one....

Update Day 29

Just completed my first major prune, hit the Rotala the hardest and then just tidied up the other plants. Removed the tile of Willow moss, it had doubled in size. Pulled off a few pieces and attached on the wood in a few places using super glue.

I also removed the in tank diffuser and switched to the new Up Super Diffuser System fitted on the "return". It really puts a fine mist out. (can be seen in the first pic)

Dosing TPN at 6ml per week now.

11134900243_1656e1635f_b.jpg
Full tank shot day 29 by andyh_2011, on Flickr

11134797684_cf36434700_b.jpg
Full tank shot day 29 angle by andyh_2011, on Flickr

11134744896_cc36aced2a_b.jpg
Up super diffuser system Co2 by andyh_2011, on Flickr

Getting a nice pink on the limnophilia. Its Al looking really good!

Back