• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andrews Aquascaper 600 iwagumi

Andrew Butler

My first go at Iwagumi

Aquarium: EA Aquascaper 600 - 600x500x360mm (LxWxH)
Lighting: Twinstar 600s
Filtration: Fluval G6 with custom spraybar
Heating: Hydor ETH300 inline
CO2: Currently running through inline diffuser but will be swapped for custom built reactor soon
ATU: Autoaqua Smart ATO Micro
Skimmer: Eheim skim 350
Steriliser: Twinstar nano
Hardscape: Seiryu stone
Substrate: ADA aqua soil Amazonia powder
Ferts: EI through a doser

Planting:
-micranthemum monte carlo
-Staurogyne repens
-Rotala Bonsai

Livestock:
Currently;
-5no Otocinclus affinis
Planned;
-30-40no Boraras Brigittae
-Cherry shrimp

First got wet 5th March 2018
20180305_105432.jpg
20180305_105436.jpg
20180305_202205.jpg
20180305_202224.jpg

Looking lovely, regards the fish 1 had 100 of them in mine last year. And is still did not look like enough, as they rarely swim in a group.

Looking lovely, regards the fish 1 had 100 of them in mine last year. And is still did not look like enough, as they rarely swim in a group.
I had a change of plan and opted for Lamb chop rasbora - Trigonostigma espei
I have lost a few from jumping out; when I had them before not one jumped and the chap in the shop said they wouldn't be a problem in an iwagumi.

I did read that Iwagumi just isn't a great habitat for fish as they have no hiding so think this might be my first and last as much as I enjoy looking at it the fish deserve some respect.
I might let something grow at the back to give the fish some shelter until I change things around.

Tank looks good, I love the custom spray bar! I agree that Iwagumi style tank is not the best for keeping fish, they generally dont act very naturally and can seem a bit scared / skittish.

Carpet looks great Andrew, what photo period and intensity are you running with the 600s?

Carpet looks great Andrew, what photo period and intensity are you running with the 600s?
7 hours at around 70% - I would have to check to be certain
I've been a bit hit and miss with CO2 recently as I've been playing around with different things.
The EI dosing isn't yet underway; I'm just using up some ADA Brighty Green step 1 I had from a while back.

7 hours at around 70% - I would have to check to be certain
I've been a bit hit and miss with CO2 recently as I've been playing around with different things.
The EI dosing isn't yet underway; I'm just using up some ADA Brighty Green step 1 I had from a while back.

Cheers its always good to have a reference from other people using the same light, I'm at 70% for 4 hours and ramps up and down for an hour either side at the minute

Back