• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

An introduction from me.

Melll

I live in Leicester, used to work at Maidenhead Aquatics and love fish keeping. At the moment I am running 8 tanks, 90 litres - 1400 litres, non of them aquascaped and only a couple that have plants in. I am learning all the time about this weird hobby of ours but still cannot get my head totally around pH, gh, kh relationships and lighting, pars, lumens, K o_O .... I will need help on those.
Really good to be here :)

Morning, thank you for the welcome, :)

When the time comes I will be brain picking re water and lighting parameters, I was going to be using the 34 litre Fluval Flex tank in my kitchen but yesterday it cracked so now going to use the Dennerle 50 litre Scaper tank I have instead. I shall be looking through the journals and photos on here for inspiration first. So many fabulous layouts and ideas :)

Morning and thank you for the welcomes :) I am sure I can find some photos, not very good ones but I`m sure the idea will come through :)

90 litre Fluval Roma, running a small internal and canister, home to about 6 Ghost Shrimp. Please ignore the lump of rock holding the wood down.
700 litre Rena tank, running an Oase Biomaster 600 and an AquaManta EFX 600. 6 Discus and about 9 Sterbai Cories.

I will have to get some more photos taken as I don`t have any really new up to date ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20200304_205441680.jpg
    IMG_20200304_205441680.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200217_205522447.jpg
    IMG_20200217_205522447.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
Hi and welcome :D

cannot get my head totally around pH, gh, kh relationships and lighting, pars, lumens, K

Many folk don't and still have great planted tanks, so it isn't an essential requirement, plus it is so easy to get lost in the details at times, when all you need to do is watch your plants, if there healthy your fine, if they are not healthy then the details help the diagnosis of the possible cause, but help is normally only a post (with pics and some details) away;)

Back