• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ambitous Budget Multitank Project

owenprescott

I've just cleared a large shed and I would like to use its ample space for creating Aquascapes, Terrariums, Plaudariums and growing bonsai trees. Although I'm on a budget, I have some left over tanks to use and get me started. I will need to invest in some lighting, pumps, etc. I have plans for live streaming and featuring these tanks using my DSLR (+ a waterproof action cam) on a dedicated channel so any feedback would be a massive help.

The three initial tanks are as follows.
layout_tanks.jpg

My initial idea is as follows but I'm open to suggestions...

(red small horizontal aquarium)
> Iwagumi Aquascape
(blue small cube aquarium) > Terarrium
(green large watertank) > Natural plaudarium (water half way with plants growing along the sides) (?)

So what do you think? I really want to incorporate a mist system and I'm not really considering any notable livestock. To save costs for example I thought perhaps (red/blue) could share the same light system?

I have some cheapo equipment for the two aquariums left over but ideally I will replace that with something more adequate. My budget is up to £300 hence the title.

Wau! Very ambitious project! OK, you have many different possibilities. The most ambitious one is to put all together, in a large paludarium that host the terarrium and nano Iwagumi. I have a terarrium with plants and a nano but my project was not so vaste. If you want to keep them separate, then I suggest a different position of them, from larger to smaller or intercalated. You should choose what will be the VIP that will be the focal point. Nevertheless, here are many isues to discuss! Maybe more details from each will help to get appropiate advices.

Personly, I would never place a tank on the floor, in my house or shed it's likely to receive damage of some sort.... sooner rather than later! If you want break-up the sight line, go for a lower stand so it's rased off the floor, but lower than the others.

Back