• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

amazon frogbit requirements

neelhound

I have overgrowing frogbit in my planted tank, and whenever i put it into my larger non-planted one, it doesnt grow and withers away. Im changing the hood for the larger one and i might as well get some t5 starters for it as well. My question is,
what is it that the frogbit likes about the planted tank?
is it co2, which i doubt, and whcih im not adding to the non-planted tank,
is it just the light intensity, if so how many t5 starters would a 6x2x2 need, as min as possible
or is it the light time, i only leave the current t8s for the larger tank on at lunchtime and evening to prevent algae. How many hours would the frogbit need? thanks

Is there condensation dripping onto the leaves? This is a good way to kill it off IME. It can also die back in a new tank before it adapts to the slightly different conditions and then usually takes off again.

thanks,
there must be some condensation dripping off, but i think its the low lighting it doesnt like. How many t5s of what wattage dya think i would need in a 600l if im only puttign them in one location?

Back