Amano's Complete Works book

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by Tom, 1 Sep 2010.

1. Tom

Tom Member

Has anyone got Amano's Complete Works book? I've got the 3 NA World books, but I'm finding I much prefer the more up-to-date style and photography. I just wondered what it was like? Is it worth getting as well as the older NA World books, or does it just repeat what is already published with some newer scapes put on the end?

Tom

2. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Aquascaper

3. NeilW

NeilW Member

Bit off topic but how do you rate the NA World book 1? Any good? I just bought it :lol:

4. Tom

Tom Member

I like it - it has some great images and is nicely printed with accompanying details about the tank setup, ferts, co2, lighting etc etc. I just prefer the more current style of Nature Aquarium. That book is from quite early on and the examples are quite different from what is being produced now. Definitely worth having though.

Tom

5. NeilW

NeilW Member

Sweet, cheers Tom. I'm sure it'll be great, but if its not to my taste I'm sure it'll be easy to find a more appreciative owner on here.

6. Tom

Tom Member

There are some interesting stories and background information dotted about through the book too

7. NeilW

NeilW Member

I guessed as its the first one then it would be covering new ground so would be more indepth than the others in background info? Does it have many shots of his inspiration from nature too or would that be in another book?

8. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

I had looked at the book, but with it being in Japanese it kinda put me off. It is great to look at the pics, but it is even nicer to understand what is written on it. :)

A quick look on the net found me "Naturaquarien: Das komplette Werk 1985 - 2009"
    Takashi Amano; Perfect Paperback

For a modest £30 they are selling it on Amazon.

Just ordered on, with the help of a German dictionary it will be easier to understand than japanese. :)

9. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

Nice thinking Luis :clap:

10. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

And only £30.. I bought two, one will remain sealed in pristine condition, the other will be for normal use. :)

Only 9 new from £27.65.

11. NeilW

NeilW Member

This one was in english for £15 :thumbup:

12. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Which one...? :)

13. PM

PM Member

I really don't get why they don't just do it in flippin English!!!!

14. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

there's a few AJ's that would be good translated, but after all, It's the images that teach us the lessons. I've learned more from looking at images than any text could teach me.

15. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

I have to disagree.. The images will not tell me what light periods are being used, the plants, and other little things, such as the fish names. For some pro's the images are enough, but I am not at that level yet, hence why I am happy that I managed to obtain a book not in Japanese.

16. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

I think you'll find The books give you this data....in English, if you look. You understand the basics of how long your lights should be on, no? :D

The artistic bit isn't reserved for 'pros' as you put it. we all have eyes ;)

17. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Hi got the three nature books, and the few Aquajournals in english, but the more information I get the better right?

I am sure that to pull a good aquascape is not just mimicking what we see on the pictures, I need to understand what I am doing and why, and that will only come from experience, which I do not have yet. :)

Regarding light duration, it all depends of what sort of plants we have, the CO2 and ferts being dosed into the tank, at least that I have learnt from the many posts here and from experience. :D

I rather have this book in a language that I can translate, and anything but chines and japanese will be easier.

:)

18. NeilW

NeilW Member

It was NA World 1 :thumbup:

19. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

For £15 you cannot go wrong.. :)

20. ghostsword

ghostsword Member

Just got the book, well worth the money. And I am very happy that I got it in German, easy to follow and understand without a dictionary. :)