• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano shrimp - unusual internal appearance

Nautilus143

I've just noticed that one of my Amanos looks quite different internally to the others. There is a long brownish thing in the top part of its body, just below the stripe on its back. I'm concerned it could be some sort of parasite, although a Google search didn't show me anything that looked similar to this. I've attached two photos, the first is of a "normal" shrimp and the second is the one I'm worried about. Any ideas what it could be?

Attachments

• 20210503_103525.jpg
    20210503_103525.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 408
  • 20210605_120457.jpg
    20210605_120457.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 217
Congratulations, it's a girl! -what you're seeing is the saddle(undeveloped eggs) Amano will mature and breed in freshwater, but the eggs won't hatch unless they're in brackish water also the other is a girl, they don't look any different to me , most shrimpy problems show on the outside
Amazing, thank you! The shrimp were really small when I got them, it's nice to know they're growing up well 🙂 the one with the saddle is getting a bit aggressive with the others over food. Perhaps she is ready to breed soon.

Back