• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano RIP?

The official announcement from ADA which come in late (probably because of the time zone), but arrived.

Dear Friends and Partners,
With our deepest sorrow, we announce that Takashi Amano, President & CEO of Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd., passed away after an illness on Wednesday, August 4, 2015.
We convey our deepest gratitude to those who have favored him with valuable cooperation and support.
The wake and private funeral will be held by close family members only.
To follow the wishes of Mr. Amano, we respectfully decline any condolence gifts.
Details of the farewell ceremony will be announced, later.
August 6, 2015
Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd.

We will miss you master :(

Saw this on fb this morning, had to come here to double check. Sad news :(

Its really disappointing to know that a legend who not only inspired me but a lot of people around the world is no more. :arghh:
Amano San, you'll always stay in our hearts and be deeply missed everytime I look at a scape.

RIP

A very sad day for his family and for all of us !!
His work have inspire the hobby and he can be proud of what he has achieved in his life for his passion.
He will be miss but we will still get inspire by his work and still thinking about this great man.

RIP master

Such a great shame and loss to more than just aquascaping; made all the more tragic since he was only 61. I think that perhaps he'd been coping with illness for sometime and suspect that pneumonia was a secondary disease.

Back