• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Am I worrying over nothing?

RudeDogg1

I’ve used mini landscape rock in my new scape. I had read that it raises KH and GH but I see loads of people use it so assumed it wasn’t much of a problem. I’m using RO remineralised. Will weekly water changes help control it? I’m just worried I’m not gonna be able to keep many types of fish. Am I worrying over nothing? I’m used to having very soft water barely 3kh out the tap

Sammy Islam

I’ve used mini landscape rock in my new scape. I had read that it raises KH and GH but I see loads of people use it so assumed it wasn’t much of a problem. I’m using RO remineralised. Will weekly water changes help control it? I’m just worried I’m not gonna be able to keep many types of fish. Am I worrying over nothing? I’m used to having very soft water barely 3kh out the tap
My GH is 22 and KH is 12 from the tap, i also have like 20kg of seiryu stone and add MGSO4. I have never had many problems with fish, i just drip acclimate eveything for a couple of hours.

I assume most farmed fish are likely bred in hard(er) water so may have adapted or atleast more tolerant now?

Last edited:

RudeDogg1

My GH is 22 and KH is 12 from the tap, i also have like 20kg of siryu stone and add MGSO4. I have never had many problems with fish, i just drip acclimate eveything for a couple of hours.

I assume most farmed fish are likely bred in hard(er) water so may have adapted or atleast more tolerant now?

Cheers dude