• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Am I going mad? Needle Valves

Hi All.

I've just replaced my CO2 regulator and I've never had issues or confusion over adjusting of pressure and flow until now.

Before I explain any further, am I right in saying that when the needle is wound all the way in that should mean the flow is off?

I installed this regulator and immediately couldn't stop the flow. I set the pressure as I wanted it which blasted through which I didn't expect. I tried altering the needle valve which made no alteration to the flow. I then installed a secondary needle valve and am still having the same issues. I have no flow control (at least not that I understand). Nothing changes immediately and even when it does it is irratic.

Am I missing something here!?

9c7fee4088868073f39f4bafcf769dfc.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

All the way clockwise closes flow, counter clockwise opens it.

On the top needle valve, see the little nut just in front of the control knob? That could be stopping you from being able to close it all the way, try "unscrewing" it out towards the knob.

I tried that. Im not sure if this particular valve type is just very slow to respond to alteration. Its difficult to judge what effect the turning has when it takes ages to change the bubble rate.

So far I've got it to a point where I'm happy with the bubble count but the pressure drops off. Then when I up the pressure again I'm back to square one with bubbles blasting through.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well I do know they've recently had a bad batch of regulators go out that wouldnt hold a working pressure. You may have one of those. Send them an email. They have great customer service after the sale.

with the solenoid off, unscrew the first NV all the way out. keep unscrewing and pull out the pin. check the pin isn't broken/bent.

Strange, becourse they use smc needle valves, and these are the better ones on the marked, i would contact co2 art and tell them about you problem.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hello,

Firstly congratulation you won very good set there from us :)

However I am really sorry to hear that you have problems with our regulator.

Lets try to sort the needle valve first please:

All the way clockwise closes flow, counter clockwise opens it.

On the top needle valve, see the little nut just in front of the control knob? That could be stopping you from being able to close it all the way, try "unscrewing" it out towards the knob.

The above is correct and thank you very much to you all for help. Also please note that unfortunately the bubble rate does not change instantly as the system needs to stabilized.

To sort out your problem could you be so kind and try the below please?

- remove the in-live flow controller and attach the system directly to the SMC needle valve

- adjust the working pressure as you require (normally at least 40PSI for most of the diffusers), however you can just adjust the working pressure to maximum and keep it there as that will not effect anything and you will be always sure that the system has enough to push the Co2 trough the ceramic ring.

- start up the system and wait few minutes to let the pressure build up in whole system

- adjust the bubble rate as you require, however yes unfortunately this will not change instantly as mentioned before so you might have to wait little between every adjustment to take effect

- please note that you might have to adjust the working pressure (if you did not set it to maximum) and / or bubble rate once more next time the system switch on next day

Lastly you might consider to post questions regarding to our products to our channel on this forum as we will be able to find your post easier and faster.

Well I do know they've recently had a bad batch of regulators go out that wouldn't hold a working pressure. You may have one of those. Send them an email. They have great customer service after the sale.

Yes they sure do seem to have a good customer service and I think that's great.

Was going to say that working pressure looks very low! I adjust mine to run at 40psi. When off, the value rises to ~48psi until solenoid is activated and it's back to running smoothly at 40psi. The FE looks low too, this might add to inconsistencies in setup.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Back