• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

alternative to cardinal tetras

Tropco were selling tank bred Green Neons. Lovely fish but quite skittish. Dwarf Pencils are always out and about, very calm and so far mine haven't jumped! Purple Emperor Tetras may be worth a look. They are always foraging, fearless and have lots of 'personality'. They are not, however, shrimp safe.
TA Aquaculture have some lovely rare micro Tetras in stock. They weren't able to deliver for me because of problems with APC (their courier). They may have resolved these problems now.
I have the emperor's no problem with NQ Algae Shrimp, which like Amano's don't breed well in fresh water. They are quite aggressive against each other but nothing life threatening. This will also chase my ember tetras but again not serious.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

thanks for all the responses.
lost all cardinals to white spot. the treatment i got from pets at home failed so i am now treating the tank with king british ws3. i am a little bit worried how my corys and catfish will react to this treatment. so far these fish don't seem to have white spot but i am treating them anyway.

so i was after a sturdy colorful alternative to the cardinals.
Did you get the fish from pets at home too? They’re not the best when it comes to healthy livestock.

Did you get the fish from pets at home too? They’re not the best when it comes to healthy livestock.

got fish from another store in manchester.
i sudpect tne white ich came from some plants i ordered via ebay.

Back