• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternanthera sessilis.

ForestDave

Hi.
I'm struggling with Alternanthera sessilis, it loses its vibrant pink/red color and goes brown. I've read that Alternanthera sessilis is mainly for terrainiums? Is this correct and am I flogging a dead horse trying to keep it happy, submerged in my tank? I Ei dose, CO2 is good (1.1ph drop on my cheapo PH pen and D/C is lime green), flow is good as the leaves ripple in the current and a filter intake is directly behind the plant. The lights are 35W T5s on for 5 hours a day, the plants surrounding it seem to be happy and growing well.
Should I simply up my Micro dose?
Thanks.

Without knowing the plant.Is it growing well otherwise? If so some of those super red colours come from high end lighting which accenuate the reds. Something l picked up in a couple of UKAPs journals amd l thing mentioned by Green Aqua in a lighting tutorial perhaps one of our lighting gurus might add

Thanks. It’s hard to say how well it’s growing as it’s only been in a few weeks. I had one in the same position before which was planted 3months ago. The flow wasn’t as good then and it went brown and didn’t seem to grow so I pulled it out after 2 months. I was thinking it could have been CO2 deficiency but I’m pretty sure that’s not the issue now.

Back