• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All pond solution ext filter

Do you think it's a must buy ?
I need 1200 lph on my 120 liter .
And apparently there's a 10% discount floating round on one of the voucher sites !

Well I have 2 EX1200's and have not had any issues with them, for what they cost they are great filters IMO.

How much did you pay ??

Well basing on the fact that an all pond solution 1000 is £49.99 and the tetratec 1200 is £21 more ...... Says it all really .

I have had mine for around 2 years, and paid around £100 each.

Also have an APS1000 filter running on my Arc60 (tank in my avatar) but would not want to run it on anything larger than 80L.

Doesn't help that it's out of stock grrr.....

What would you think a fair price would be for a used good condition fluval 305 witouth media but with pipes ??

I had an APS 2000 XF. I didn't like it at all. Very noisy! Did try all sorts of messing about to improve it including removing all media, but I though mine was way too loud. Incidentally replaced with a TMC v2 powerbox 400 (rated at just about half the flow rate of the APS) and was stunned at just how much better the flow rate was even with the filter chock full of media. The APS flow rate seemed highly optimistic...

if the aps filters are anything like their powerheads , i would avoid like the plague . recently got an aps 1200lph powerhead and its horribly noisy .

Nice to hear everyone's experiences ,
To be honest the aps filters just didn't click for be :) ,
I have gone with a aquamanta efx 400.

I'm sure they have , I suppose people have different reviews , its all a matter of opinion with trial and error not forgetting recommendations :)

Is the lava rock you find at morrisons/sainsburys (bbq stuff) ok to use in the filter ??
I'm guessing it could actually be man made but has someone used it before ??
Cheers

I'm going to set up the aquamanta , if that doesn't work out to be enough which I'm pretty sure it will then I can add my fluval 205 and that should be plenty , i think an external filter should definatley be made with an added chamber for co2 connection so no actual interference with outflow pipe, maybe they have ???

Hi guys . Received my aquamanta today and I must say that I'm really impressed , seems a very sturdy and robust unit. And it's huge compared to my 205,
I'm a bit indecisive on where to position the out flow.
Either inflow & out flow on the same side (right hand Sand) of the tank or position the spray bar at the along the rear top :/
How have you got yours positioned ??

What about using these in the filter ?? Plastic pot scubbers Pound land special ;p
oiav4zs.jpg

If its from the base cant you use some sort of polyurethane glue and coat the whole bottom and feet etc with it , may give it another lease of life :)

Back