• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ALL IN ONE DRY SALTS SOLUTION

widow-maker

Morning

Im using dry salts in my tanks dosing daily however i want to make a solution that i would use once a week for another tank im currently using TNC complete but would rather make my own up rather than keep buying TNC but have no idea where to even start its a 450 litre tank with a fair amount of plants with no co2.

thanks

I'd recommend you use the Fert calculator on this forum - it allows you to clone other fertilisers.

only problem is I dont have excel but i will install this before i do this can you make up a single solution for once a week as i would with TNC complete

only problem is I dont have excel but i will install this before i do this can you make up a single solution for once a week as i would with TNC complete
@widow-maker At least for the Macros the Rotala nutrient dosing calculator works fine as well - After some initial help I used Rotala to fine-tune my NPK + remineralization regime (which I apply all at the same time during WC). You can obviously do a lot more with @Hanuman and @Zeus. brilliant calculator, but it will require Excel (I do not have Excel either). Also, just ask if you need help with the specifics - the fertilizer experts around here really know their stuff. I completely switched over to dry dosing recently + found some agriculture product for micros (trace). All the compounds I brought cheaply will literally last for years and I will be saving hundreds of dollars every year on dosing with my current two tanks.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:

Just post what your after cloning or regime and container size dose amount and frequency and salts you plan to use, I will post the mix in thread ;)

thanks im using 500ml i normally use tnc complete its a 450litre tank i got the salts from Aquarium Plant Food UK - Home Page

can you make up a solution that can be used once a week?

thanks
1630240807080.png

1630240889224.png

With the salts you got from APFUK ;)
There will be slightly higher K but that is because your not using an Ammonium based salt for the NO3 - which is the safest way. I do prefer the fert mix running out quicker as it prevents mould and other potential issues, but if after a different dose regime just ask M8

thanks for this.. im assuming if i read this right i make up seperate micro and macro solutions if im right would i dose them on the same day once a week?

thanks for this.. im assuming if i read this right i make up seperate micro and macro solutions if im right would i dose them on the same day once a week?
As long as you add the Potassium sorbate and Ascorbic acid to the water first before any other salts you will be fine making an AIO (All In One) solution, if you do make macros and micro then dose them on deferent days or at least 2hrs apart.

If growing with high light and 30ppm+ CO2 then the standard dose of TSN probably wont be enough for the plants so I would advise dosing more frequency rather than just once a week.
If EI dosing with the salts being at higher concentrations a would advise doing a Macro and Micro mixes and dosing alternate days six times a week

i have two 100 litre tanks im using el dosing on the co2 high light the other one has a basic light no co2 im doing el dosing 25 per cent of the recommended they are both using a single doser im starting to think i be better off using a doser for the bigger tank and using the same 25 per cent dose for the 450 a day as well i like to make things as simple as possible less mistakes that way and less to forget im using tnc on the big tank and its running low just looking at my option see no point in wasting another £15 on a bottle when i have plenty of dry salts

i have two 100 litre tanks im using el dosing on the co2 high light the other one has a basic light no co2 im doing el dosing 25 per cent of the recommended they are both using a single doser im starting to think i be better off using a doser for the bigger tank and using the same 25 per cent dose for the 450 a day as well i like to make things as simple as possible less mistakes that way and less to forget im using tnc on the big tank and its running low just looking at my option see no point in wasting another £15 on a bottle when i have plenty of dry salts
Using the same solution for both tanks is a better option IMO as thats what I do, just adjust the amount you dose to suit.
25% EI dosing is still more than TSN or TNC and cheaper ;) so win - win
1630850489469.png

thanks for your help in this when i first looked at making my own plant food i have to admit i thought i would end up killing everything in sight with your help it is turning out quite successful and a hell of a lot cheaper the first payout is alot when paying for the dossers bottles etc but its well worth it and in the long run alot cheaper. thank you

thanks for your help in this when i first looked at making my own plant food i have to admit i thought i would end up killing everything in sight with your help it is turning out quite successful and a hell of a lot cheaper the first payout is alot when paying for the dossers bottles etc but its well worth it and in the long run alot cheaper. thank you

Your welcome and pass it on to other hobbyist, No LFS (Local Fish Shop) or place on the net will advise DIY ferts as they make money from selling well diluted ferts. Hopefully the IFC calculator will help others to make the first step also

Back