• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae in Tropica 1-2 Grow

afroturf

Hi people, just received some plants and one was some Tropica 1-2 grow xmas moss, tied them down to a few bits of rock etc and have now noticed a few pieces with algae amongst them, not great when one of the main selling points of the 1-2 grow pots are them being algae free, moss looks in good condition and the gell was still intact so don't think it was hanging around on the shop shelf for ages. Just thought I'd put it out there don't know if other people have experienced this, added a photo if any one could id the algae and it is anything to be overly concerned with

IMG_2611.jpg

Hi people, just received some plants and one was some Tropica 1-2 grow xmas moss, tied them down to a few bits of rock etc and have now noticed a few pieces with algae amongst them, not great when one of the main selling points of the 1-2 grow pots are them being algae free, moss looks in good condition and the gell was still intact so don't think it was hanging around on the shop shelf for ages. Just thought I'd put it out there don't know if other people have experienced this, added a photo if any one could id the algae and it is anything to be overly concerned with

View attachment 173513
It's hard to believe it left their growing facility with algae - not impossible, but hard to believe given @Tropica 's otherwise good reputation.

Cheers,
Michael

Yeah not sure how it appeared but had to have come from the source material for the pots, pot was sealed and has been in a newly set up tank for about 1 minute before I spotted it.

Back