• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Airstone help please

RiaHx

EAE86FD1-39FE-430A-825E-622A49A0E293.jpeg
Hi everyone,
I have a disc shaped airstone with pump, a lot of people leave it on 24/7 that I talk to it’s ok or set times on a timer? I have a 55 litre tank with otocinclus family, amano shrimps, ember tetras & Black neon tetras? Please could you give me a helping hand with my question?

Hi all,
I have a disc shaped airstone with pump, a lot of people leave it on 24/7 that I talk to it’s ok or set times on a timer? I have a 55 litre tank with otocinclus family, amano shrimps, ember tetras & Black neon tetras?
You can just run it at night if the internal filter (back left-hand side?) works?

When the lights are on the plants will be photosynthesising and generating oxygen. I'd be tempted to get some more fast growing plants until the Amazon Swords (Echinodorus bleheri) start growing. A floater would be best, Pets@Home are selling Salvinia auriculata, or I can send you a mix.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, You can just run it at night if the internal filter (back left-hand side?) works?

When the lights are on the plants will be photosynthesising and generating oxygen. I'd be tempted to get some more fast growing plants until the Amazon Swords (Echinodorus bleheri) start growing. A floater would be best, Pets@Home are selling Salvinia auriculata, or I can send you a mix.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel, have tank has changed a lot since this picture was taken a lot has grown more we also put tnc complete plant fertiliser in, I have also put a silk small plant in as well, send me a mix of what Darrel? I’m interested

Hi all,
Wow what floating plants do you have?
Azolla caroliniana, Lemna minor, Lemna minuta, Limnobium laevigatum, Pistia stratiotes, Salvinia auriculata & Utricularia gibba. I also have plenty of Ceratophyllum demersum (a sub-surface floater) and probably some Lemna trisulca, Ceratopteris thalictroides & Riccia fluitans (all really sub-surface as well).

cheers Darrel

Hi all, Azolla caroliniana, Lemna minor, Lemna minuta, Limnobium laevigatum, Pistia stratiotes, Salvinia auriculata & Utricularia gibba. I also have plenty of Ceratophyllum demersum (a sub-surface floater) and probably some Lemna trisulca, Ceratopteris thalictroides & Riccia fluitans (all really sub-surface as well).

cheers Darrel

Can I have a look at them & let you know if that’s ok? So kind of you

Back