• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African Rivers

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hello every one I m starting a journal about rivers in Congo around the town of Kinshasa ! I will put pictures of these rivers as much as I can. I will also take info of the water chemistry of those rivers.
I am doing this just to show to the world of aquascaping how rivers and their border are here !

This a the Lufimi River near the black river (mayi ndombe) one bateke region.
It's a place where we go for camping and rest after a hard week

9u6y2u3u.jpg

View from the tent

ytevejud.jpg

pyte6apu.jpg

ujuna8u5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have data on this river ! But I will go back there and take datas.

I have few pictures of the Congo river

This is near Zongo falls, after the malebo pool and before Inga rapids

aqu4uzen.jpg

4umu5a9u.jpg

Near Maluku just at the entrance of the malebo pool
hynuveta.jpg

e7u8e6am.jpg
erunu6es.jpg

For now these are the picture that I hAve !! I will continue this thread soon.
I will also start a journal about Congolese aquatique plants and their location with picture !

See you soon !
Cheers

Zanguli

Looks awesome ! Kind of a "wish I was there" felling now :) Thanks for posting, Im looking forward to updates.

Hi every one ,

Thanks for your interest for this thread !!
I will keep this post "alive". I have a few picture of river and waterfall where I have found plants on my Facebook. Let me search for it !
For the future I will take better pic ! Like close up of the river border etc.

I don't understand the question about riverbank and pools ??

Hope that this thread will interest people !

Regards
Zanguli

Hi every one ,

Thanks for your interest for this thread !!
I will keep this post "alive". I have a few picture of river and waterfall where I have found plants on my Facebook. Let me search for it !
For the future I will take better pic ! Like close up of the river border etc.

I don't understand the question about riverbank and pools ??

Hope that this thread will interest people !

Regards
Zanguli

A little update !
I have been on my Facebook to find more pic of rivers where I have been.
Sorry for the quality but when you save a pic from FB quality is not at it top !

Ok let's start with the Zongo falls

yja3ymet.jpg

This is just before the falls
etyvygu8.jpg

This plants was found under these rocks
nu8ebuje.jpg

a8ymy3ep.jpg

udajemu5.jpg

Here's a view on the rocks from the top of the waterfall
aserygub.jpg

So that was a part of Zongo an other day I will add pic of the 2 nd Zongo falls where you can find many Anubias.

Ok now I will put pic from the black river
This river have a cold temperature and a high flow. A nice thing about this river is that you can walk along the rivers for 20 min than jump in the river and make your way back to the bridge in the water flow.

amajutaq.jpg

jygadysa.jpg

a2ytezem.jpg

urety4ed.jpg

5e7abu2u.jpg

zaja8y6y.jpg

This is the snele river a place I go almost every week end to ride my bike.
Cold river with a good water flow sandy water. Unfortunately I took all these pic after a huge storm so the water is not as usually.

3equ4aje.jpg

abygyvub.jpg

vehy4epy.jpg

6yqune7a.jpg

y4yqa9uj.jpg

Now we go Vampa falls it s the place where I have found my first Anubias.
The river is tiny but the falls are beautiful !!!! I have seen a huge Anubia under a big rock. It was so beautiful with leaves of 30 cm. than we walk near the fall, I looked up to the rocky walls surrounding me and it was full of small Anubias !! What a great feeling when you see that for the first time ! The
River come from this big hill.

y2ytyme2.jpg

y5e5e5yr.jpg

zy9a2aba.jpg

And again some pictures of the Congo river. We often go there on sandy island in the middle of the river that you have to reach by boat or sometime by car but this is on the border.

zape8e9u.jpg

a8any6a6.jpg

edury4ag.jpg

ru5uzu4y.jpg

Now for fun

epasanaj.jpg

This is a natural jacuzzi in Zongo they are many like this
u6emesuz.jpg

So that's it for the moment !
I am sorry but I have not took all this pic for aquascaping or aquarist purpose so I will update soon with more interesting pic for you.

Thanks
Cheers
Zanguli

Hey,

I was walking my dog today, and in the winter sun, the riverbank looked like a palette of Greens, Yellows and Reds. I thought since you shared your fantastic scenery with us, I would show you a little bit of my riverside, Situated in Richmond, a little Market town in North Yorkshire.

All photos are with my iPhone 4, so please bear that in mind when viewing, its all I had on my unfortunately, I'd love a Digi SLR.

file-31.jpg

file-29.jpg

file-27.jpg

file-20.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-17.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-1.jpg

Hope you like :)

Hi every one,

I know it's been a while since I have write some thing on this thread !!
Your pictures are beautiful !!! I really like the one with the roots of the tree !!!
Since my last publication I haven't been on a river or something else !! Working riding bike etc. But as soon as possible I will take pictures !!
A friend of mine have received his material for his tank. CO2 + ferts + lights. So next week end we go to Zongo falls to take some plants AND of course to take better pictures for you guys !!!!!
So we keep in touch and in two weeks you ll have picture of Anubias in their natural environment and other plants.

Here is a pic of my last tank set up 3 weeks ago
u9edemu8.jpg

6ytamese.jpg

Tonight I will take pictures of this tank because I have done everything on this tank : the cabinet, the light system and the tank.

Take care
Zanguli

Hi plants lovers
This week end I was near Nsele river and I have take some new plants.
I am a bit in hurry so it s a small update. After I will explain better how looks the place and the water there.
UN fortunately I didn't took a good pic of the place because we were riding in dirt bike. But here is a shot.

ava2a2u7.jpg

The plants are in the tank for 5 days now and they are pearling a lot !
In the tank the leave looks nice silver color ! I ll take picture.

See you soon
Regards
Zanguli

Hello,
I wanted to add 2 pic of the pool Malebo on the Congo river.
Pool Malebo is starting at 30 km north of Kinshasa and is the widths place of Congo river. The larger part is 34 Km !!!

Entrance of the pool
unebyjy5.jpg

View on a part of the pool
yguzuqad.jpg

I am sorry but since many month I am not going out of the town for camping and things like that so I don't have new pic of rivers and streams.

Cheers guys

Here a satellite view of pool malebo (Stanley pool). The island you see on the pic above is the small island on top right of the satellite view near the entrance ! Like that you can have an idea how big it is
ubupugud.jpg

Nice!!! Hopefully, I will have some Microctenopoma fasciolatum and M. nanum arriving with a shipment from Congo next week. They live in the Congo river drainage and I think also occur in Malebo. Good to see where some of my fish come from!

Back