• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aesthetics or Practicality

8574908618_c2d62cd8c6.jpg
IMG_00000024 by AWB70, on Flickr

8574906550_846e3fc33b.jpg
IMG_00000023 by AWB70, on Flickr

8574907692_704f533e2f.jpg
IMG_00000022 by AWB70, on Flickr

What in the opinions of people in here gives the best results when it comes to getting flow round the tank? I opted for the duck bill type inlet that came with my Aqua One external based on it being similar to a lilly pipe which I would like but can't really have it coming in from the side of the tank and having less equipment on show to distract. Would the spray bar I had in originally give noticeably better results? If folk think the spray bay would be better overall I may have to bit the bullet on how it looks. I'm interested in your thoughts!

Edit* Just found of how the spray bar looked at original set up before I removed it.

8415389026_18a049533e.jpg
IMG_00000009 by AWB70, on Flickr

Thanks for your views, what do you suggest for a black background and do you think it will give the effect of closing down space making it look overall smaller?

Had another thought, as it stands now water is fired along the back of the tank across the heater. The koralia then pumps down and across the front creating a circular motion around the tank. If I go back to spray bars the least flow would be coming from the far right furthest away from the inlet. With the koralia then firing it back would I not create a dead spot in the back right corner?

Big piece of thick card would do for a background or I have used blackboard paint to good effect on some of my old tanks, I think most would recommend the korallia placed in the center of the spraybar facing forward so as to enhance rather than disrupt the flow from the spraybar, I'm using a similar setup up to yours on my opti in my sig two filters one pushing along the front one pushing along the back and a korallia supplementing the one along the front not the most attractive setup but its helping the plants until I can sort out a bigger filter.

Managed to swap things round and put the spray bar back in.Do you mean the Koralia pointing from back to front instead of side to side.8575272793_c796fea583.jpg
IMG_00000028 by AWB70, on Flickr.

No problem mate I've been thinking about what you were saying. Problem is with lid, it only has cut out either middle of tank at the sides or the back left corner. Like you say I need to have a mess about.
Didn't do a journal because I was moving house so got set up in a bit of a rush.

Back