• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice on substrate

So there is no need for this layer then... only in an earlier post from a fellow member he suggested I would need one as otherwise the sand will fall through....so just to get things straight....TPC as a bottom layer with sand as a top layer is OK yes ...will probably use a DIY CO2 kit in this 54l tank but will use the dry EI salts in the 180l tank only
Yes that would be ok for the substrate. The idea with the gravel tidy I don't really understand, I don't think it would stop substrate mixing because it wouldn't happen anyway unless you was stiring it. If roots got tangled in it it would make pullling up plants impossible without cutting the roots.
Regarding CO2 diy is not really recommended as it can cause fluctuating CO2 levels, liquid carbon, either store brought like easycarbo or diluted glutraldehyde is generally the prefered option regarding low cost CO2.
When you say you will use the dry salts on the 180l tank only how will you be dosing this tank? You may still need to fertilize the tank even with a Tetra plant complete base layer.

Regarding CO2 diy is not really recommended as it can cause fluctuating CO2 levels, liquid carbon, either store brought like easycarbo or diluted glutraldehyde is generally the prefered option regarding low cost CO2.
When you say you will use the dry salts on the 180l tank only how will you be dosing this tank? You may still need to fertilize the tank even with a Tetra plant complete base layer.

So if I use Easycarbo with EI ferts in this 54l tank this will suffice ?

Back