• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Advice on CPD's

Mike Parnaby

Hi guys,
I want to stock some Celestial Pearl Danios in my new tank. The tank size is not the issue, I am more concerned about them getting trapped in the external filter intake. So I am asking for anyone who has experience of these tiny fish and what their advice would be

Mike Parnaby

Cheers Ghettofarmulous. Yes I did think about that option as shrimps might also make their way into the tank. But I wanted to avoid it if possible. Maybe one of those things I have to put up with to be able to keep both the fish and the shrimp!

Conort2

You can buy those stainless steel
Shrimp guards, although I find they clog as well after a while.
Cheers

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
Put a sponge or filter floss on the intake. Smaller than the fish can fit into. You might have to change it out a bit as it gets clogged
You can buy those stainless steel
Shrimp guards, although I find they clog as well after a while.
Maybe one of those things I have to put up with to be able to keep both the fish and the shrimp!
I like <"a big sponge">, it gets around the clogging issue. If you have a black sponge (or <"corner "eck" matten filter"> with the intake behind it) they are less visually intrusive than you might imagine (although I have no <"sense of aesthetics">).

cheers Darrel