• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Advice and help with 2 sick fish

AquaBonsai99

I just came back from holiday, and all is good in the fish room, apart from 2 of my fish are looking ill, with 2 completely different sicknesses/diseases. The first one is a old fat female guppy, who has been put in with a tank of 6 endler guppy, I needed to move her from a tank of pregnant guppy’s, until they had given birth, she has been in the tank for 2 weeks, and I was going to move her back, but there is a fungus/mould growing on her back, and all her fins are nipped. Non of this was like that before I went on holiday, and she is temporarily in a bag floating in the tank. She is fairly active, and put up a fight when I bagged her but Is just swimming at the surface(I will attach some pictures). The second fish is a long fin danio with what looks like a suddenly bent spine, he didn’t have that five days ago when I went on holiday. Any help with identifying the ailments would be appreciated, thank you
DB321D07-DD79-4036-902E-0C7F31B3A2D0.jpeg
E858408D-7617-459B-94A0-38211031F950.jpeg
FCD4013D-E2F8-4217-87AA-B544012E10BB.jpeg

The guppy has a bad case of Saprolegnia which is an opportunistic fungus residing in most tanks and it's taken advantage of the damaged fins.
In view of her age and how severe it is I think the kindest thing would be to euthanise.
The Danio is a bit more concerning as it's started in the last week or so,have you had the fish long and do you know how old it is?

The guppy has a bad case of saproneglia which is an opportunistic fungus residing in most tanks and it's taken advantage of the damaged fins.
In view of her age and how severe it is I think the kindest thing would be to euthanise.
The Danio is a bit more concerning as it's started in the last week or so,have you had the fish long and do you know how old it is?
I wasn’t feeling good about the guppy, it is old, and died later. The danio I have had for about 2 years, and it is fairly old. I thought the guppy had saproneglia, and was going to euthanise it, but it passed before I could buy the clove oil. Since then, the other guppy I got with it(my friend gave me Two guppy’s, and the both died/got sick from saproneglia) has got sick from saproneglia, very severely around/in its gills and is almost dead, I think I will euthanise it though. The danio just suddenly got the bent spine, but still just swims the same, and it doesn’t seem affected by the problem, although I think that will change in the future. This is the first time my fish have got sick in a long time, and it happened when I went in holiday! I hope the danio gets better, and your advice is very helpful, thanks!

Back