• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adjustable LED lighting

Curiosity101

Seedling
I'm after some recommendations for adjustable LED lighting.

I saw this thread: https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/adjustable-led-lighting.50914/

The Interpet Tri-Spec loooks roughly like what I'm after.

But specifically I'm looking for something where I can very specifically set the exact colour and intensity on a timer.

For example I don't want something where sunrise/sunset is pre set to a specific colour, intensity and length of time. I want to be able to set as many lighting periods throughout the day as I want, with the exact colour, intensity and timing I choose.

Will Tri-Spec give me that? Or are there other brands / models I should be looking at?

Kessils not bad for setting spectrum and intensity which can be controled via the kessil controler or any control unit that allows you to control the 0-10v analog input the kessils use which is an industrial standard for controlling lights and motors etc. I used a PLC (How to use a PLC to control your fish tank.) not cheap by any means but you can have the lights control intensity/spectrum changing thoughtout the day sunrise sunset and I even have a moonlight pass over period ( one kessil on low for 15 mins then it changes to another kessil - have four kessils)

Kessils have no red spectrum and not cheap plus they are a spotlight not a flood light.

Chihiros also have a good range of affordable LED via Hinderfeld which can be controled Via a TC420 be aware there is a 4amp limit on the TC420 per channel

I'm after some recommendations for adjustable LED lighting.

I saw this thread: https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/adjustable-led-lighting.50914/

The Interpet Tri-Spec loooks roughly like what I'm after.

But specifically I'm looking for something where I can very specifically set the exact colour and intensity on a timer.

For example I don't want something where sunrise/sunset is pre set to a specific colour, intensity and length of time. I want to be able to set as many lighting periods throughout the day as I want, with the exact colour, intensity and timing I choose.

Will Tri-Spec give me that? Or are there other brands / models I should be looking at?
No idea about the interpet so probably worth messaging @Lukes and asking them.

The kessils won't dim lower than 30% which is brighter than you think and that's why I got rid of them.
There are lights like the AI Prime and maxspect razor which now do freshwater versions and give you full control over colour and brightness which might be worth looking at.

I came to the conclusion that there are lots of lights out there with colours geared at planted aquariums and if you can control brightness then do you need to play with the colour?
As @Zeus says you can use lights like the Chihiros or Twinstar and if you want to control the brightness throughout the day then it seems something like the TC420/421 controller is the way forward.
I settled on the Twinstar S lights and have brought the inline dimmer but the plan is to set it up with a TC420 controller when it arrives.

Hi there

The tri-spec will allow you to change the red, blue and white individually and at 1% increments so anything from 0% to 100%

As for the sunset and sunrise they come on 15 minutes before and they will slowly work up to whatever you have set the lighting % at

The blue moonlight will stay on for 3 hours after (kinda sucks you can’t set it for a hour or whatever you wish)

Sadly you can only have one timer set

For example,
if you set it at 9AM till 12PM you CAN’T add another one for 6PM toll 9PM
But if you are in the house you can easily adjust them via your phone as I did on a Friday night so I had longer viewing times on the weekends, just remember to change the timer back!

Hope any information I’ve said helps and feel free to ask anything and I’ll try my best to answer :D

The kessils won't dim lower than 30%

The 360 wont but the 160 tuna suns dim right down to 11% intensity and 0.0% spectrum and still come on which is why I went for the 160s

The fluval plant 3.0 will I think, but it's not out in the UK yet.

Back