• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adding water to tank with no plants

hajtaler

Hi
Just quick question, I add substrate and soil to tank, and I have some wood, but I will need to wait to next Friday for dragon rock, and next week for plant. Can i fill up tank and add nitrifying bacteria to start cycling tank. Or is bad idea and why?

Attachments

• IMG_7615[1].JPG
    IMG_7615[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
No point adding any bacteria as you probably won’t have anything in the water for them to work on. In my view you might as well wait until the rock is in place, plant and then flood it.

Hi
I will personally wait as it will be easier to fiddle with the hardscape as it will be easier with dry soil.Otherwise no issues to fill and drain as it suits you.
Regards Konstantin

Totally agree with the others. Just bear in mind that it will also be much easier to plant after you have scaped it if you only have a small amount of water that is enough to wet the soil. Buy a spray so you can keep the plants leaves wet as you plant them.

Back