• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

adapting a oxygen regulator ?

threadfin

Seedling
Hi all,
Newbie here, i have been browsing the forums for a while now and thought it was time to become a member, any way i am hoping to get some advice for my 1st question. i have posted this in the co2 forum also.
i have experience of building a customised regulator for a pressurised co2 system using a cheapo single stage co2 regulator and i have now got my hands on a brand new BOC industrial series 9500 multi stage 4 bar oxygen regulator and would like to use it to replace my cheapo one.
Does anyone know of a way to adapt it for use on a FE, ie can i simply change the stem and nut over are the threads the same or is there a adaptor.

cheers
Steve

You will have issues other than threads being opposing, O2 regulators are designed to work with tank pressure of 300bar. CO2 is only 55bar.

Also judging by the £50 odd price difference BOC charge for CO2 over O2 I suspect their is also something more majorly different.

Back