• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Adam's 40cm Nano

jonesy said:
Looking good, but are them stem plants going to need alot of constant trimming to keep tidy ?

they will grow wayyyyyyy too tall for the tank and they grow quick-both species of rotala that is.. so scissors at the ready so to speak, but im looking forward to it, never tried a stem in this type of set-up before, so will be able to "mould" it to how i want it.

thanks

Hi Adam,I'm trying to catch up on everything at the moment on the forum, I just saw this and I think you have done a grand job,with the stems in such a small tank trimming will keep you busy but at least you will learn loads,
regards john.

chilled84 said:
Thia is loking real nice, Im likeing the stems too, and the layout, Are you keeping the space on the left open for some planting or open because you want it like that?

Overall mate its Fab. :thumbup:

i wanted to have a open sand/gravel type foreground as i havnt experimented with that before, if you mean behind that, that is planted.. with lilaopsis brasensis(cant spell) and e.tenellus both are cut short however so you may not see.

it does look ace mate, im so jealous, at the moment i have a 30L arc tank, doing nothing, filled with water but bare bottomed and with plastic plants :oops:

im glad we have got over our past differances :lol:

Nick16 said:
it does look ace mate, im so jealous, at the moment i have a 30L arc tank, doing nothing, filled with water but bare bottomed and with plastic plants :oops:

one benefit
:D less maintanance

Nick16 said:

thanks Nick, all forgotten :thumbup: I am never ever ever going to buy plastic plants, never have and never will *hopefully* now i have learnt pretty much the basics i cant see why they were invented :?

I've got all these things ordered, so they are coming.. soon.............hopefully!

Sponge filter guard.
Lily pipe set.
luminaire.
regulator.
co2 bottles.

helps me keep note.

did you buy your rotala sp green from the green machine adam, i am assuming it comes potted so whats the best way to plant it single stems or plant the whole plant ?

ordered mine today along with some Staurogyne sp and Pogostemon Helferi to get my tank started.

jonesy said:
did you buy your rotala sp green from the green machine adam, i am assuming it comes potted so whats the best way to plant it single stems or plant the whole plant ?

ordered mine today along with some Staurogyne sp and Pogostemon Helferi to get my tank started.

thats great news! take it out of the pot, seperate from rockwool and you can either plant each individual stem, or like i did, 3 stems at once.

AdAndrews said:
jonesy said:

thats great news! take it out of the pot, seperate from rockwool and you can either plant each individual stem, or like i did, 3 stems at once.

thanks adam ill take a look when they turn up :thumbup:

Woot, woot! Ive just orded 12 boraras brittagae from wholesale tropicals, they are coming on tuesday, i think im going to pass on the crystal black shrimp idea, and concentrate on cherries, which i will probably order some more of aswell

Adam.

Just had an e-mail from wholesale tropicals, they say they have sold the rasbora over the weekend, so cant fulfill my order :twisted: bit of a joke seen as i placed it friday, anyways, im off to the fish shop tonight, to see what they have, might get a couple of sparkling gourami's, unsure yet.

Adam

Back