• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Terra Base

Trouble with these is that the water comes out lots and you have to keep emptying the glass case its in practically every day

Here's an updated pic of my terrabase
20200528_214018.jpg
20200528_090535.jpg

That would be really nice for an office desk. Do you keep a lid on it normally? What about light?
Yeah the lid is mostly on, and it sits in the middle of the living room on the coffee table. It doesn't have it's own light as the plants are all low light species. The side with the orchid flowering faces french doors 6 feet away.

Reactions: Ray
Yeah the lid is mostly on, and it sits in the middle of the living room on the coffee table. It doesn't have it's own light as the plants are all low light species. The side with the orchid flowering faces french doors 6 feet away.
I need want to order some ADA tweezers and scissors, so in for a penny in for a pound, thinking to get one of these too!

Is it the S (16cm high) or the M (23cm high?) and is that the 15x15 or the 20x20 glass air?

Also, what is a good source to figure out what I can grow on it - apart from mosses, Anubias and Buce?

Trouble with these is that the water comes out lots and you have to keep emptying the glass case its in practically every day
May depend on your humidity levels? I live in a area with very low humidity and my suspicion is that these won't even survive unless enclosed. Yet to be tested however.

Ok I'd like to make one of these for a Xmas present...
What do I need?
Is there an alternative to the dooa tank that's a little less spendy?
What plants?
I like the orchid, but like Jon snow I know nothing...
Have I got time between now and Xmas to get it grown?

Ok so...
How much light should I be supplying this?
Spiky moss
Anubias bonsai
Fittonia
Hydrocotyle Japan

Awaiting some buce red to squeeze in there...

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_195924.jpg
    IMG_20201103_195924.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20201103_195906.jpg
    IMG_20201103_195906.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 403
Last edited:
I thought about getting one of these before going to University, as I won’t be able to lug a whole nature aquarium there and back, but I have decided against it. Maybe it’s the case that I’d rather have a DOOA NEO AIR pond, but I think if I decided to get into the world of tiny orchids I’d rather have something like below. It’s cheaper, bigger and the wood has a more natural form.

AC4B93E7-BE5D-440A-8210-3E5263BAE9D9.jpeg

credit to James Wong @botanygeek on Instagram

Actually I have to admit, I pledged for 3 of them. I think they look way better than the Terra Base from DOOA. The conical shape of the Terraplanter also makes it look more attractive compared to the straight cylinder shape of the Terra base. It also allows better access to light to the lower part of the planter. I think this is perfect for orchids.

I will also be doing a DYI one just for the sake of it.
It doesn't feel like they're in competition with each other. The Kickstarter one looks beautiful, but they look like they're from a garden (not in a bad way). The ADA Terra Base looks (and is meant to look) like a tree trunk from a rainforest.

Ladies and gents, a new comer is in the hood. I present to you the Terraplanter:

Opinions?

View attachment 134494

Actually I have to admit, I pledged for 3 of them. I think they look way better than the Terra Base from DOOA. The conical shape of the Terraplanter also makes it look more attractive compared to the straight cylinder shape of the Terra base. It also allows better access to light to the lower part of the planter. I think this is perfect for orchids.

I will also be doing a DYI one just for the sake of it.
I had two in the basket and then didn't get them! but I think this will I will get a couple as a treat ;) they looks indeed much better than the original posted here.
Well this has to be the longest I've ever had to wait for a product. 3 years! I just received the 3 Tevaplanters (ex Terraplanters) with a bonus 30% import duty + 7% VAT! Glorious day 🤬.
No complains on the very well designed packaging. The booklet is also a piece of art. I still haven't tested the actual planter so can't comment on that. Here are some pictures.

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Last edited:
Well this has to be the longest I've ever had to wait for a product. 3 years! I just received the 3 Tevaplanters
I'm in exactly the same position, just received mine after pledging to Kickstarter over 3 years ago.
Looking forward to see what you will do with yours as temp and humidity here in the UK will limit options. On the original advertising some form of Microsorum (not Pteropus) was used which sucked me in so currently researching the more temperate varieties.
Cheers!

Hi all,
Well this has to be the longest I've ever had to wait for a product. 3 years!
I'm in exactly the same position, just received mine after pledging to Kickstarter over 3 years ago.
Looking forward to see what you will do with yours as temp and humidity here in the UK will limit options.
That is fantastic. I always say <"good things come to those who wait">, so hopefully these will be a good thing.

cheers Darrel

Back