• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Aquasky - Am I Asking For Trouble?

Andy D

Hi All!

Apart from a brief stint using CO2 all of my tanks to date have been low energy affairs.

I have plans to change that and have taken advantage of the current TGM offer and bought an ADA Mini M.

I want a decent light and I really love the look of the Aquasky. Given my inexperience, the power of the light and there being no way to dim it (although I could use floating plants) do you think I am biting of more than I can chew?

Go for it! Yes the aquaskys are potent but a good bunch of floaters will balance that and water changes are a breeze with small tanks and of course you know what your getting into from the start. Get your filter well cycled from before the off and it'll save you a bunch of grief.

Flexi and Aquasky is two different stories. Both sleek and sexy but flexi is a low light. Also the light spread is very limited. AS is poweful. But if you have co2 i would go that way. Less limits, nicer plants.

Their color spectrum is also different.

After a couple of long conversations with James today I'm now tempted to pull the trigger on one of these too!

Not decided yet!

So far I've bought:
45-C
Aqua soil/Power Sand Special/La Plata sans
Eheim pro3 250
Bio Rio/Siporax
Ada lily pipes

I'm currently using a TMC tile and the mounting bracket is ugly. I've been looking at a Radion xr15, but that has an ugly bracket too.
The aqua sky 451 is much nicer cosmetically and James is telling me I should be fine with it on full power provided there's enough co2.
He's offered to do the 20% discount if I order this week so for £160 it's very tempting!

It's why I've just gone the whole hog, it's the cheapest it's ever really going to be!
I can see me ordering it though.

Just looking at Ada diffusers too lol!

Bought a TMC signature cabinet as Ada don't make anything in 45x45.

So glad my wife is away, if she was here when an entire pallet of stuff rocked up she'd go nuts!

Back