• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA aquariums

fish fodder

Hi guys, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing an ADA 60F.... Now, are they actually worth the extra money? And is optiwhite in general worth it?

I asked about optiwhite the other day and everyone who replied all agreed optiwhite is the only way to go, I cant really comment on whether ada are worth the money as ive never had one but I would imagine if your willing and happy to pay for ada then yes there worth it but for me a custom build offers better value and you can choose any size you want

I have a couple of custom made optiwhites difference in clarity is "clear" pardon the pun ;) I've seen a couple of Ada setups in ADC in London and if I had the cash spare I definately would, you could also consider natural aquario or the Tmc signature range whilst only seeing images of these two they also look the business. Definately go optiwhite or clear glass as opposed to float glass :)

Hi guys, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing an ADA 60F.... Now, are they actually worth the extra money? And is optiwhite in general worth it?

Ada tanks are the best, there's no doubt about it and if you have the money, then go for it...however, if you don't have that money, then think about the TMC 60cm optiwhite. A lot cheaper, and ime, not far off the quality of an Ada.

Check these journals out,

George's TMC Signature - new plants pg26 | UK Aquatic Plant Society

A New Adventure (new video) | UK Aquatic Plant Society

I looked on charterhouse, the link you gave Ian they are much cheaper
Yeah, I also saw them on there, they aren't that expensive normally. It might be worth giving TMC a ring and finding who your nearest stockists are.

That's is you want the TMC tank.

Harrogate. It's the only place I know that stocks TMC near here lol, go there quite a bit as my old man used to live in east cowton and now brompton

Ha, small world.... Just been in touch with PF and they can order them in and they are looking to stock the range too :)

Great result mate!
It certainly is, I find that the team at Paddock farm are great and really friendly.

It was a shame to see mark go a year or so ago, but they have made vast improvements in the shop.

The room where all the tropicals were has been opened up, and all the tanks run around the parameter, rather than in blocks. The rooms really opened out.

Having seen George and Ians and their raving reviews I have plumped for the TMC! Found somewhere a bit closer to me that can order it in too and if it's at the RRP i'll still have change from £250.... Which is nice :)

Having seen George and Ians and their raving reviews I have plumped for the TMC! Found somewhere a bit closer to me that can order it in too and if it's at the RRP i'll still have change from £250.... Which is nice :)

Hey,
I went to paddock farm yesterday and got talking to one of the staff about a planted tank he had just set up, and he brought you up in the conversation, saying you were after one, but they didnt know if it was viable to go pick one up from TMC stocks in manchester, as it would have added a lot on to the purchase.

Good to see you've got one though!

I saw the TMC lily pipes for the first time yesterday, Wasnt very impressed with the inflow, only had a measly 5 slits on the bottom!! Goodbye Flow!

Back