• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada Aqua Soil Amazonia and planting

Furgan

I have purchased some ADA Aquasoil Amazonia with power sand. When can I plant the tank.

I have heard of issues with people planting day one and the plants dying/melting. I contacted where I got them from and they said that I should wait for the ammonia from the soil to go before planting so around 4 weeks.

Then I hear people saying I should
Plant day one. It’s jusy so confusing. And I don’t want to spend hundred plus quid on plants for them to die.

Edit
Sorry,

Co2 with a FE, external canister from a very mature tank. 200liter tank. My experience with co 2 is nil. My experience with planting is not new but only with easy to keep plants. Confidence is low at the moment.

Last edited:
I would say there are many ways that work, lots of folks add plants from day one & lots of folk don't.
I think a lot depends on your experience & confidence.
You don't say anything about using C02 or how you plan to water change, filter size etc... or any other relevant information?

Plants shouldn't have issues with ammonia leeching, but make sure your CO2 levels, CO2 flow, fertilisation levels and light levels are correct or else plants will have issues.

Maybe in 1-2 months all will be fine. Mature substrate, mature filters and fine settled in plants.

Sorry,

Co2 with a FE, external canister from a very mature tank. 200liter tank. My experience with co 2 is nil. My experience with planting is not new but only with easy to keep plants. Confidence is low at the moment.

Back