• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 90P river/stream 2.0

Shinobi

Hey guys!

New year new scape. Trying to recreate the sensation of drifting wood caught in a fast flowing stream of water

The journey starts here 🙂
P1019090.JPG
P1019089.jpg
P1019091-1.JPG
P1019092.JPG
P1019093.JPG

Thanks!

Yeah, the dimensions opens up a lot more options than a regular 60P without having to go crazy with the amount of hardscape/substrate like a 120P requires.
Nice thank!

Scape is currently doing a 'dark start'
I know this comment comes too late but you are doing a not so dark start ;) You have way too much natural light in the tank that can trigger diatoms and bacterial blooms. Next time cover it some cardboard or similar.

Nice thank!

I know this comment comes too late but you are doing a not so dark start ;) You have way too much natural light in the tank that can trigger diatoms and bacterial blooms. Next time cover it some cardboard or similar.

Thanks for the advice. I had considered covering it up, since the tank gets some indirect light from the living room. 3 weeks later however and still not a single sign of algae, so will be planting tomorrow. Dark start has worked as intended

Last edited:
The rock work and the pebbles are too dissimilar to read as natural to my eyes. If the pebbles were more varied in colour and perhaps size too it’ll come over as less of a contrived boarder.

That said, the bones look good, very on trend with the river theme too.

Got the thing planted after a 3 week dark start.

List of plants used:
Blyxa japonica
Bucephalandra pygmaea 'Bukit Kelam'
Cardamine lyrata
Cyperus helferi
Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'
Eleocharis parvula
Fissidens fontanus
Hydrocotyle verticillata
Juncus repens
Marsilea crenata
Mayaca fluviatilis
Microsorum pteropus 'Trident'
Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan'

P1019094.JPG
P1019095.JPG
P1019096.JPG
P1019097.JPG
P1019098.JPG
P1019099.JPG

Quick update:

Everything is growing in nice and slow. Had to trim back the Cardamine a couple of times already.
Dosing ADA Brighty Mineral and Neutral K from day 1.
Had a tiny bit of diatoms last week, but disappeared almost same day after adding ottos and amanos.

So far I'm really pleased with the benefits of dark start. No plant melt. Fever initial water changes and a tank tank that's already cycled

P1019103.jpg

Thanks all!

I run a ADA ES-600 and JBL 901e filter on this.
Light is Solar RGB and Light Screen from ADA.
I use a dual stage CO2art regulator and a Aquario neo diffuser.

I was really keen on getting some inlecypris auropurpureus for this setup, but none of my dealers can seem to find them. Might be going for a group of golden ring danios instead.

Here's a small peek from today, only Ottos and Amanos in so far.

P1019116.jpg

I really like this scape! Especially the choice of plants!

inlecypris auropurpureus

The shop heevis in the Netherlands has this fish on offer..
Thanks for the advice - there doesn't seem to be any way to get them to ship outside of Holland or Belgium though 😮‍💨

Lovely fish, would like to try but have an open top and guidance says they are likely jumpers.
Do you you have a lid fitted or do you not find it an issue?

Lovely fish, would like to try but have an open top and guidance says they are likely jumpers.
Do you you have a lid fitted or do you not find it an issue?
Only had them for a few days, so too early to tell. No jumpers in an open top tank as of yet - only the dog might be snacking on them given the chance 🤣

Back