• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 90H, the quest for nature aquarium

Chrispowell

Hi all,

This journal is abit thin on the ground to begin with but as the build pics up pace a plan to document it further.

Tank - ADA 90H
Stand - Custom built ADA replica
Lighting - Twinstar 900S
Filter - Oase 600 Termo
Eheim 350 surface skimmer

Hardscape
Talawa Wood and approx 40Kg Frodo stone, ADA la planta sand.

The scape will hopefully be a mixture of ferns, bolbitis, Anubias, Crypts, mosses and buce.

Pics to follow -

yRWctom

Hi Chris - will be watching this with interest as I am also about to set up a 90H! can't seem to access your photo?

How do you intend on diffusing CO2?

Hi Tom, yeah I have mucked up with the image, will try again in a min.

I will diffuse in the tank via a neo diffuser

looking good, are you intending to fill the space top left with any stem plants? I'm interested to see how you get on with flow and distribution with the Oase 600 and Eheim skimmer. I also intend to use the same Oase, with a Ehiem classic 600 to boost the flow, and hopefully distribute C02 adequately given the high shape of the aquarium.

Lighting was the other area of interest given the depth - the twinstar looks nice but might be a little underpowered, although I see you are intending on using mostly low light plants.

Yes so this setup will be low light plants but I do intend on adding some fine textured stems in the background..

Maybe Ceratophyllum demersum. I have also wondered about the flow disturbing this, unsure at the moment how I will arrange things. I have a JBL in reserve if I need a second filter.

Lighting wise my idea would be the Solar RGB but it's too expensive for me now. Plus the twinstar matches my other tank..

rWubHXm.jpg

Hi
Hi
Lovely setup.The only thing that catches my eye is the sawn like flat bit on the big rock on the left.U may consiger placing a smaller rock in front of it to soften the transition to substrate or do it with planting.
Any journal on the other tank going?
Regards Konsa

Hi
Hi
Lovely setup.The only thing that catches my eye is the sawn like flat bit on the big rock on the left.U may consiger placing a smaller rock in front of it to soften the transition to substrate or do it with planting.
Any journal on the other tank going?
Regards Konsa

Thanks, I will look at this again tonight - no journal on the smaller tank but heres the last pic

BvK64vo.jpg

Heres a tidier room pic too

uxfTqSy.jpg

Great hardscape, I love Talawa wood but I have a proper rock envy going on just now :D
Think the plant selection will work really well and with that rock and detail shards it will very much remind me of Adam Paszczelas work :cool:
Look forward to following this one.
Cheerio,

It's very much Inspired by Adam's work so it's great for me that you saw this!

I visited last year! Heres a pic of his main tank, hes an artist!

uvYfGCM.jpg

It's very much Inspired by Adam's work so it's great for me that you saw this!

I visited last year! Heres a pic of his main tank, hes an artist!

uvYfGCM.jpg
Such an inspiring tank. I’m sure yours will be equally fitting in your room. Again i am a little jealous that you have visited the idea studio, another one for the bucket list :D

Back to my design, I used epoxy to fix the wood to rocks. It's my pet hate when hardscape moves during maintenance!

HO40efG.jpg
A good idea with lots of intricately positioned rock :thumbup:

Cheerio,

Lovely looking scape, and really like the dimensions of the tank. What photoperiod/intensity are you using to start it up if you don’t mind me asking?

Love the rocks! Are you going for emergant growth? T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely looking scape, and really like the dimensions of the tank. What photoperiod/intensity are you using to start it up if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi! I'm using the basic twinstar inline dimmer, I would estimate 60% light to begin as the plants are not high light demanding. 8 hours a day to begin, I will just watch things to see what needs to happen going forward

Back