• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60p, talawa land

Like the graduated gravel, very natural looking! Sometimes moss hides the shapes of the wood too much imo, I like some but managed so it doesn't turn the wood into a green blob.

Alto:

Tank: yes, no problem
House: no way :D

Dave:

Thanks for the advice. I've tried both soil and I liked the fact that the tropica gives no algae at the beginning but It won't last as long as the ada for nutrient release, hence my question about tabs. ;)

Tam:

I Totally agree...that's why I'm thinking of using only small batch of riccardia glued on rocks and wood. This is by far the less invasive moss I know. (And one of the better looking:cigar:)

Would love to find the R.graeffei instead of the chamedryfolia but it's rare, I'll have to wait for aquasabi to have it back in stock.

Finally, I'm waiting for an (hopefully) awesome hydor pro filter 350 to replace my old jbl e901 that was falling appart!

Cheers,
Thierry

Completely unrelated but ...

From Green Aqua FB
Amazing hardscape idea in the sandbox of ADA Polska.

46912885_2500912436590696_649854940163866624_o.jpg

Btw lovely hard for ada polska but no plants would fill in nthere:D

Textures and colours are amazing but suspect water effect would lessen the impact as most woods become more uniform & dark over several weeks ... it would be interesting to try short term as a hardscape only tank

ADG Senske brothers do quite a few hardscape only tanks
I quite like the third in with electric blue rams but suspect it’s not easy to maintain an algae free balance

Looking good! Will be nice to see it grow in.

Consider adding a mesh or something to the Eheim skim or the “Pit of Death” as I’ve come to know it! To be fair if you rescue them in time shrimp usually survive.

Do you rate the twinstar sterilizer things? Why do people put them sideways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the tank CooKieS, I’ve just used Talawa wood and seiryu myself and they work really well together. I like the detail and the small Asia wood roots add to it, it looks great planted up and I’ll look forward to seeing it develop :thumbup:

Thanks for the eye candy :cool:

Not sure about the mix of rotundifolia and H’ra but interested to see how they go

I like this planting better than original sketch with C helferi
- could maybe add some small amount E montevidensis later as it’s more delicate leaf

Excellent photos
I had to check back that tank was flooded

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Do you rate the twinstar sterilizer things? Why do people put them sideways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the eheim skim, I don't keep shrimps in my tank so it should be ok, never had fishes trapped in it at the moment. Thanks for the tips

It's an chihiros doctor 4, I'm only using it to give O2 at night because I'm diffusing CO2 24/7...it's useless against algae in my tanks. I put it sideways to avoid any shadow zone under it and it seems to get cleaner longer this way.

Love the tank CooKieS, I’ve just used Talawa wood and seiryu myself and they work really well together. I like the detail and the small Asia wood roots add to it, it looks great planted up and I’ll look forward to seeing it develop :thumbup:

First Time with talawa, awesome Wood to work with and as you said, matches well with seiryu, thanks!

Thanks for the eye candy :cool:

Not sure about the mix of rotundifolia and H’ra but interested to see how they go

I like this planting better than original sketch with C helferi
- could maybe add some small amount E montevidensis later as it’s more delicate leaf

Excellent photos
I had to check back that tank was flooded

Not sure about plant selection too, we'll see how it goes. ;)

Day 5 update,first 30% WC, dosing brighty K neutral...otherwise nothing new, thanks to seachem purigen water is cristal clean even without soaking woods or sand! Plants are OK, rotalas are already growing...cheers!

181213035056864945.jpg

181213035058196806.jpg

181213035100187576.jpg

Looks fantastic cookies, this is going to be mint once fully grown in! Definitely following this thread I'm sure I will learn lots :)

Keep up the good work!

Oh come on Santa Claus, steal this tank from Cook and drop it in my fireplace for Christmas, I promise ill take great care of it ! :D:p:lol:
Can't wait to see it mature, gonna be great ! Wish you the best with it ! :clap::thumbup:

looks good mate should be great once grown in.

What level of lighting have you started at? lime green drop checker 24/7?

Back