• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

I know ali thanks like I said buying some more co2 pipe tomorrow then not sure weather to set up or wait for my new wood and re-scape
what you think/.

Dean4

I agree get some plants in there see if your new reg has solved some issues :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well installed new reg today and checked for leaks at first leaked I beetween the brass price on push fit but think pipe want pushed in enough and seems ok now, we use them all the time at work for 10 bar breaking systems so shouldn't leak touch wood also a quick questions I have added the co2 supermarket solenoid and put it on timer when it switches off and co2 cannot get through will it just build up and stop ? Shouldn't blow of pipes or anything ? Had to just rest ontop of filter until more co2 pie arrives and nearly finished my aquarium stand so then can attach permanently on there
Trying to show bubbles here in tank no fluctuation anyway and as previously said needle valve is excellent
ze6a7u6e.jpg

8enahy2y.jpg

Plants not in best health to be honest but hopefully come round

ehygunun.jpg

a4yvugur.jpg

Lowered the light a little but still quite high but will see how it goes

uju9a6ys.jpg

So what you guys think and what you recommend over next few days ? Water changes etc

Thanks Dean

Looking good matey, only thing id recommend is shorten the length of pipe between the reg and solenoid, keep this length as short as possible :)

The push fit wont leak its rated for 10bar so once the pipes seated correctly it will be trouble free

Keep the water changes large and regular and keep co2 high and you will be fine ;)

Looking good matey, only thing id recommend is shorten the length of pipe between the reg and solenoid, keep this length as short as possible :)

The push fit wont leak its rated for 10bar so once the pipes seated correctly it will be trouble free

Keep the water changes large and regular and keep co2 high and you will be fine ;)

cheers mark, left it long as nearly finished cabinet and will permanently fit into cabinet and chop correct size then so hopefully be done in week or 2 as back at work for 4 days tomorrow then will try get finished. how often would you recommend water change every 2 days ? also I normally only dose EI after my water change for example if macro day I don't dose on morning just after water change is that correct or should I dose morning then after water change and also after water change I only doe what I am supposed to that day is that ok or would you dose both ?

cheers mate

Water changes try to do them daily for atleast a week I was doing mine daily for 4 weeks, in a high tech tank as often as possible is always best, if you can only do it every 2 days then thay might work just try and do as much as possible 75% or more imo,

With dosing imo its best to dose after water change but this only really works if you do your water changes before lights on but I think aslong as your dosing thays the main thing :)

Water changes try to do them daily for atleast a week I was doing mine daily for 4 weeks, in a high tech tank as often as possible is always best, if you can only do it every 2 days then thay might work just try and do as much as possible 75% or more imo,

With dosing imo its best to dose after water change but this only really works if you do your water changes before lights on but I think aslong as your dosing thays the main thing :)
cheers mate will do daily (hate doing WCs :banghead: so boring but essential none the less) also will dose after WC at the mine bps set around 2 so will see what colour DC goes tomorrow but at work all day, and lastly I set my reg to 2.5 bar and its dropped slightly do they always drop after the solenoid switches off ?

Thanks dean

If you have no live stock in dont be scared to crank the co2 up even higher :)

Water changes can be boring but a few weeks of doing them will pay dividends also be happy you only have 15l to do, imagine doimg 200l + lol

Fingers crossed things work out this time ;)

Dean, as your tank has been going for so long and you don't really have algae issues, you might not need to do so many water changes... just fill her up with loads of C02.
This is your chance to test out the reg, lower the light turn up gas and watch the plants grow.
You cant hurt the plants with to much C02 but you can kill any fish you put in, so now is the time to play.

Dean, as your tank has been going for so long and you don't really have algae issues, you might not need to do so many water changes... just fill her up with loads of C02.
This is your chance to test out the reg, lower the light turn up gas and watch the plants grow.
You cant hurt the plants with to much C02 but you can kill any fish you put in, so now is the time to play.

I thought that as being running a while so will do water change every other day, wish I was in to test etc my lass is working as wel so no one to check, like I said earlier my pressure seemed to slowly drop over a long period of time from 2.5 to about 2.2 does it always drop and them raise when running ?

Thanks dean

Thanks Dean

When I said lower the light I meant lower it closer to the tank ;)
Yes, when the solenoid is open the pressure will drop, it depends on what your are powering as to how much it will drop.
A high resistance UP device for instance might not cause a drop at all but, a low resistance reactor might cause a considerable drop in working pressure.
Just double your bubble count & give it more light for a few days, you should see a very quick response from the plants.

When I said lower the light I meant lower it closer to the tank ;)
Yes, when the solenoid is open the pressure will drop, it depends on what your are powering as to how much it will drop.
A high resistance UP device for instance might not cause a drop at all but, a low resistance reactor might cause a considerable drop in working pressure.
Just double your bubble count & give it more light for a few days, you should see a very quick response from the plants.
Cheers mate don't worry there I will lower after work lol and add more bps and do a short vid of the bps to give u an idea, might actually change so lights on at 7 when I finish work so can have a quick look etc might put lights on 14.00-20.00 will put light 30cm or so above tank mate cheers

Thanks Dean

Lowered light to about 50cm above tank and upped the bps maybe 3bps at the min also set co2 on 11.00 lights on 14.00 co2 off 19.00 lights off 20.00 so see how it goes will do large water change tomorrow night after work

ynavyper.jpg

Dean

Thanks Dean

Reactions: tim
Sounds like a good start mate but I would hope to see that light a lot lower before to long!
Best do it slowly though, If you can get a few PH reading that would be interesting.
My lass is off Thursday so will have to be then mate and I know hopefully get lower for better growth but see how it goes keep you posted anyway mate

Cheers dean

Thanks Dean

Are you going yo be rescaping or sticking with your current layout??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Waiting on some manzi wood just wanna see how plants do at the moment mate then maybe re-scape but I like the general layout at the minute with open part etc

Dean

Thanks Dean

Back