• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60fs Last Chance

How's this going Dean?
not good at all Hair grass is practically gone and repens are melting :mad: sorry not updated just trying to sort and sick of it, I removed the atomiser and put the pipe directly under the filter inlet the ph seemed better but still not right so for now put back onto atomiser, going to have to change something like the regulator or diffusion method here is a couple vids to show that flow etc looks ok
th_DSCN0921_zpsf1c6b222.jpg

th_DSCN0919_zps1a993208.jpg

th_DSCN0917_zpsdd166b03.jpg

also shows fluctuation regulator the tank looks rubbish at the minute barley no hc left and lots of melt on repens and the red coloured plants and lost all colour in general also move lights up as going to end up with nothing, the grass still seems ok, need to make big changes with something I am willing to try anything and recommendations ? I need sorted as the fiancée getting sick of no fish and so am I, what you think about fluctuation ? every night dosing 7.5ml EI and 5ml liquid carbon but running out of that now you think should buy more ?

Thanks dean

Thanks for replies everyone , the surface of substrate is very fine dual so will get as much off as possible and wipe down plants, been using air line to blow off dust but just creates more lol you think I should up pressure to 4 bar and see if helps but of still fluctuating you think new reg ( the one listed from co2 supermarket) is best way to go ? Will have to wait until finish work

Thanks dean

A fluctuating working pressure needle ......is a sure sign of a leak!
hoggie

I'm really sorry to hear that:( had hoped everything was going so well you weren't coming online. I don't know enough to be able to suggest anything that hasn't been suggested already. If it were me I would be sick of it too, sorry of no help:(

Hi mate, sorry the restart hasn't gone well, you seem to have some issues with your substrate IMO personally I'm not a fan of aquasoil in small tanks it's almost impossible to remove all the dust after moving stuff around IMO and I know lots of folks will disagree id be tempted to use tropica substrate capped with 3-5 mm sand or gravel it doesn't make as much mess when cleaning.

I would agree with tim, that stuff looks like mud and I thought water should be able to circulate through substrate?

Looks like ADA Africana.....I had ADA Africana a couple of years ago.
Its not my cup of tea now...its too messy and compacts, although the plants seem to do okay in it.
hoggie

thanks guys and I will do this until sorted, Hogan it fluctuates even if nothing else connected so just regulator onto FE and sprayed all over and no leaks heard other people say the same about this reg, also have a second reg exactly the same make and model and does the same at lower bps when turn right up its fine. Also my few pieces of HC are growing upwards what makes me think its a CO2 problem, its so expensive trying all these different ideas lol need to get oh right but no growth at all at the min just melt on repens etc don't want to remove all as will hardly be nothing left. I do agree about the ADA Africana it is messy and very very light so easy to pull up things and make the water messy etc but you would still think something else is at fault and not just substrate ?

thanks dean

I've got the ADA Africana in my cube and its nice but I don't get the powdery layer over everything. When I pull up plants the fine dust stays suspended long enough for the filter to filter it out. It does pack down more than the Amazonia though and I had a real job pulling some of the plants up. Is it the powder Africana or normal size?

It's powder Africana mate and I know it's very fine and dusty, you think that fluctuation could cause bad co2 ? My hc is growing upwards so not getting co2 but drop checker is 1cm above substrate and yellow

really thinking about getting new regulator so I can keep a proper eye on BPS and that will also take that out of the equation, your thoughts ? I know some people recommend the co2 supermarket regulator but any other recommendations for around the £50-60 mark, only thing is I don't think that's adjustable. Need to start making changes to find a cure, also should I pull out all the melted repens and hair grass and concentrate on few plants + PH I have left ?

Thanks dean

Dean, nothing has changed from your last set up, you still have the same fundamental problem that has always been there!
I am 99% sure all your problems are based around the plants not getting enough C02, nothing to do with substrate or light.
Are you sure you have C02 in that cylinder & not air LOL
If you can get, buy or even borrow a different reg, that would be where I would be going next!

Dean, nothing has changed from your last set up, you still have the same fundamental problem that has always been there!
I am 99% sure all your problems are based around the plants not getting enough C02, nothing to do with substrate or light.
Are you sure you have C02 in that cylinder & not air LOL
If you can get, buy or even borrow a different reg, that would be where I would be going next!
Thanks mate an I totally agree don't think anything todo with substrate etc just running out of things lol without spending money anyway but going to have to, has to be co2 as melt and no growth even though drop checker always yellow, and yes decently co2 according to label lol right so what regulator you recommend then ? Will sell my 2 next time free listing and that will pay for new one but will buy one tonight if recommend a decent one many people have tried, like I say loads of mixed reviews about co2 supermarket one

Also you recommend pulling out all the partially melted plants ? That will be putting in waste into tank and adding to the surface film ?

Thanks dean

I have heard nothing but good things about dupla regs but you are looking at about £150 to import one. Then there is dennerle who make top quality kit also. I have a tmc one but I don't run an inline defuser so can't comment on that but I know for a fact that George has stated on many occasions that he has had no problem running them inline. Tmc are by far the most reasonably priced (but they are not adjustable from what I gather) co2 regulators are a mine field it would seem :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

That is a difficult question Dean, as ali points out, budget regs can be a bit hit & miss!
Hopefully people will offer their opinion & you can find one.
Re the plants, I think (with gods will) that once you have things working, the plants will recover very quickly.
Honestly mate, in a small tank with reasonable maintenance, no fish & lots of gas, you should be able to watch the plants grow in font of your eyes :)

I had 2 co2 supermarket reg/solenoids and neither was capable of running the up atomiser so both returned and refund given. I've had 2 UP aqua A-165s, the first had to be returned as the solenoid went mental but the second has been perfect and has an adjustable working pressure. With the A-165 you just have to be careful your working pressure isn't too high as this will make the fine adjustment of your bubble count impossible as it will go from 0-tons of bubbles with one movement of the needle valve. Keep the working pressure at the sweet spot and there is lots of play in the needle valve to get control. I don't use an FE though, I have a 1kg FLO canister which has lasted forever on my low bubble count.

Lots of help there thanks everyone, well £150 is out of the question lol looking at closer to £60 but I know that means may not be as reliable but will have to take a risk, as long as doesn't fluctuate like mine does in the video sure will be fine, so what tmc ones are recommended and anyone like the co2 supermarket ones ? Hopefully up up inline will be used along with the reg so anyone with experience with any of there or anything similar priced would be great , I will be willing to pay a little more but cannot afford £100 so hopefully something around £60

Thanks again everyone
Dean

There is a JBL reg/solenoid in the for sale forum, page 3. I almost bought it but don't really need another.

Hi ,
I think I have mentioned before.
I'm using a co2 supermarket reg and have been for 4 weeks now ,
Running with an up inline atomizer no problems what so ever , I can adjust the needle valve from 0 bps to 10 bps with no hassle , also the solenoid works perfectly .
I'm not saying you should go out and but one but for me they seem a quick fix to your problem and inexpensive .
I know co2art sell a reg which they they say works fine with up atomizers , they also sell these .
I know people like to go for something that will do the job but the cost of a decent one breaks the bank if you haven't got the spare monies .
This has been discussed and I don't want to Bomb your thread ,
I think as long as you buy one from the UK (cheaply for £50-£60) you should be ok to exchange /refund if you have no joy .
:)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I agree never waiting 30 days for delivery again and ordering from bay, and agree I suppose if doesn't work you get another one lol thanks Sam will be ordering a reg when finish work tonight and hopefully comes by Friday when I'm off

Also the Jbl one looks good anyone else use these ? Only thing is suppose with new one will get some warranty incase no good

Thanks dean

Back