• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Acuavida 2010 results are out

Thanks Guys :D
George - it was a bit of a surprise to finish ahead of Slobodan as I am a fan of his unique style.
However, I should say that we both scored 455 points, so i'm not sure what settled the decision.

Cheers,
James

cheers guys :D .
i've a lot to learn yet.hopefully do better next year.
or maybe worse :lol: .

edit:..oops :oops: .congrats James.

Beautiful little tank as well, I can imagine a larger version as a well scaped aspisto tank.

Thanks for the kind compliments guys, they are much appreciated :D

Cheers,
James

Congrats again to both of you! I would love to see these in the flesh, but I think Nelson has shut his one down now :(

mlgt said:
Congrats again to both of you! I would love to see these in the flesh, but I think Nelson has shut his one down now :(

I saw it shortly after a rogue apple snail rearranged the rocks to his liking :rolleyes:
It was still fantastic to look at!

Congrats Guys!!

James love the use of the backlight on your photo, really makes the cave look effective!

James - that's a *stunning* tank... will you come and rescape my big one for me?

but in the meantime (while I learn)

how on *earth* do you manage to keep your substrate and your sand so cleanly delineated?

magical stuff - huge congratulations

mx

Thank you Guys :D

magpie said:
how on *earth* do you manage to keep your substrate and your sand so cleanly delineated?
I set out the line with a piece of card then fill one side with sand and the other aquasoil. i usualy make sure the sand is slightly deeper so that when I remove the card the sand falls over the aquasoil and not vise versa. placing rocks along the line helps stop the substrates mixing over time.

Cheers,
James

Back