• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Wardian Case

1 year later.. :)
Finally got a glass tank for a similar project. £5 from the local tip. Not an aquarium but some sort of vivarium with opening glass doors. I need to strengthen the base section. Hoping to grow Anubis plants, they have taken over my aquarium since going EI, but do not have the heart to throw then out. Old friends of many years standing. Any experience of 'drying Anubis' or do they require high humidity. As an interim measure have some growing in an enclosed propagator with very high humidity (condensation always on the covering dome).

Best wishes Old Guy.

ps our new cat a Siamese rescue cat now has settled in and loves to be stroked, took the best part of of a year, now seeks my lap in the evenings. Still miss the old guy who passed away about two years now.

Any experience of 'drying Anubis' or do they require high humidity

Me too still have a about 5 year old aquarium stacked with several Anubias Barterii var.. Some i planted very close to the surface. Only one pops a leave out now and then, but it never lives very long. They are indeed very humidity sensitive.. Tho a have seen videos and pictures of an Anubias Coffeefolia growing healthy out of an open top tank. Thus it possibly depends highly on the species. Mine is A. barterrii and is definitively much more sensitive to it. For the rest i have little experience with frowing it in terrarium setting.

Good luck with your new interresting terrarium project. :)

And good luck with your new addopted cat.. Siamese they seem to be the most intelligent house cat breed around.

That Clay-based Peat soil (Velda Lelite) does very good. All this time i didn't fertilize it and only spraying Demi water.
DSC_0264.jpg

Cryptocoryne parva happily spreading. I'm not sure what the other crypt in it is, i forgot. I think its that mini cultivar Dennerle sold/sells its doing well and stays rather small.
DSC_0268.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Thanks!.. :) It's a very slow and multi-year project it seems, i don't give it that much attention.
All stay healthy and growing. It goes so slow that i need this thread to look back at the pics to see how has evolved. Tho the Orchid refused to flower this year. I think i need to feed the epiphytes it a little. They seem to stay a tad behind :)

Thanks!.. :) It's a very slow and multi-year project it seems, i don't give it that much attention.
All stay healthy and growing. It goes so slow that i need this thread to look back at the pics to see how has evolved. Tho the Orchid refused to flower this year. I think i need to feed the epiphytes it a little. They seem to stay a tad behind :)
You could try and use some liquid gold leaf fertiliser which is great for epiphytic orchids!

Back