• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'A Twist of Nature'

Very nice, and great use of the space again Gary :thumbup:
Look forward to progress reports :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Very nice, and great use of the space again Gary Look forward to progress reports Cheerio, Ady.

Thanks mate... I do my best to get updates on:thumbup:

I dunno if it's your photographic skills but that light looks awesome.

Cheers James :thumbup: the light is a good bit of kit... so far so good.

Something's just ticked my box mate, looks just right can't wait to see this fill out nicely:)
Hopefully I can learn a bit from this for when I eventually get a proper tank like this, my vicenza 260 has been a steep learning curve, so I'm following this one too, you must be pleased as punch so far well done ;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Verrry nice gary. Your scapes get better and better along with your photography skills too. Watching this for sure mate itll be a belter

Cheers mate:thumbup: I'm hopping so too.
Looks good now, but once it fills out will fantastic...will be following this one...:)

Thank you :thumbup: I have noticed some slight growth already on some plants.... just have to keep on top of those water changes now.

Superb start Gary, will be another Gary Nelson stunner :thumbup:

Cheers Tim :thumbup: nice words :thumbup:
Something's just ticked my box mate, looks just right can't wait to see this fill out nicely:)
Hopefully I can learn a bit from this for when I eventually get a proper tank like this, my vicenza 260 has been a steep learning curve, so I'm following this one too, you must be pleased as punch so far well done ;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Thank you :thumbup: Yeah I keep looking at it and hope that it fills out as I want it to.... at the minute it looks 'very woody' signs of growth though on most plants so that's a good sign :)

Things seem to be going ok on this so far, but its been a busy week at work and then with water changes when back home...But hard work pays off right?!

The plants are spreading slow but sure and the fish have been moved over now from my holding tank. Also my Manzanita seems to have stopped trying to turn into cotton wool!! Which is good.
I added 10 Ember tetras and I have 10 shrimp arriving from Ed tomorrow morning, so once they are in and happy I will get some photos up.

Hi mate,

Looking forward to seeing the progress and the new additions. Embers are lovely little fish. :)
Cheers George, yes the Embers are great, I've never had them before, I'm suprised how much colour they are showing too... Not expensive either really, think that's why the Mrs likes them as well.

Yeah, they're the perfect Nature Aquarium fish really. Colourful without being gawdy, nice and small, well-mannered and can be good shoalers too. They love soft water and lots of shade - then they go a really deep orange, almost red. Feed them well and they look nice and plump too. :)

A bit of an update now that the scape is 21 days old today. Things are going well and the plants are giving a slow but steady growth but doing well. I have added some 'Crytocoryne costata' along the back and love this plant!... I think it balances out well with the rest of the scape.
I also decided to add a few Choco's (being very inspired by Alastair's) they have settled in nicely and seem to enjoy their new home.

Anyway, a few pics :thumbup:

Day 1 - Planted
10930821246_1f4db50686_b.jpg
IMG_0078 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

Day 21 - Planted11271106093_b8e25946cb_b.jpg
IMG_0122 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

11271029824_4ce11fde7e_b.jpg
IMG_0126 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

11271022426_fdfbaed5e7_b.jpg
IMG_0124 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

The Hemianthus micranthemoides and the moss is now starting to take off.
11271012364_749d284344_b.jpg
IMG_0132 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr
11271044673_b6a10059d5_b.jpg
IMG_0133 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

In situ...
11270918865_b0a3651b24_b.jpg
IMG_0140 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

Back