• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A skint mans tank

malawistu

Hello again I have been away a while with other things but still want a tank so im challenging myself yo a tank on a budget so iv bought a 20l cube for £10 localy planing on a all pond solutions hob filter a small compact t5 going to use things I still have likr rock sand wood planting substraigh not 100 % on co2 im planning on planting heavily with java fern anubas cryps and moss all been well I can source a lot off here plus going to keep crs or cherry depending on price aiming to keep it about £100 mark
naza8ama.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It amazing how quickly you can go over budget especially once you start looking into lighting. Looking at those beautiful blue panda shrimp will take you over strait away:D I'. Love some of them.

Im going to try my best to keep it around my budget as iv got Christmas to pay for and when you have 3 step sons and 2kids of your own soon gets expensive even moor so as the older 2 are having a ps4 but ill do my best going to document price as I go

Good luck with sticking to the budget, I never can :lol:

I've got my PS4 on order, can't wait for it!

My wife's not getting her ps4 until she gives into the 50"led tv:D I could be pushing it a bit all the tanks I've had this year. :(

Game told me when I pre ordered it and that It would be before Christmas around a week or 2 before and also that Sony have reduced the amount of console only order and upped the packages so mine could be £350 or £400 but I cna trad the game in for fifa witch they both want

Ah okay, so what date did you order? I ordered mine from currys on the 14th sept. So I may get mine 29th Nov, or more likely I will not :lol:

Can't get a scape sorted out that I like got that stressed with it last night had a hissy fit and a beer left it for nite

I did this last time, it's annoying though when you can't create anything, isn't it!

You'll get there though, but being on a budget will limit the hardscape material you have to hand.

lovely piece of wood looks great only thing I would think about is burying the left stone more into substrate or maybe removing it altogether so none on left and swapping with right one but let us know what you decide mate

Dean

I struggle with my hardscape to the easiest way I found was to decide what plants you want, then you have an idea of how they grow, tall, short, bushy etc that way you decide where in the tank a specific plant is going once you decide that its so much easier to place the hardscape, atleast thats the only way it works for me :)

Back