• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I sure agree - thy're lovely.........and expensive...........and D... slowgrowing :banghead:
But the ones I know of (quite alot of "strains" ) tend to actually grow a little - well - less slow, under water :)
Good luck with them. Some get a tinge of metallic blue, actually........
Mick.

I have found all the barbs i have kept tend to be on the shy side excluding cherries that is, i think its not so much shy rather they like surface cover. When they are out its a lovely treat and i wouldnt swop them :)
Will be great to see a final FTS Ian, your pictures have come along loads since ive been a member and really do justice to your scapes. Both scapes into IAPLC?

It's looking great mate! The moss is superb, a picture oh health! :)

Thanks Gary! Moss is the future!

Lovely tank, Ian! The moss covered wood really sets everything off. It's easy to see you've put a lot of time into this one!:thumbup:

Thank you James, you're right this has been hard work to keep on top of. It's due to the lighting being higher than I'm used to. I normally run quite low light tanks. It's been worth it though.

I have found all the barbs i have kept tend to be on the shy side excluding cherries that is, i think its not so much shy rather they like surface cover. When they are out its a lovely treat and i wouldnt swop them :)
Will be great to see a final FTS Ian, your pictures have come along loads since ive been a member and really do justice to your scapes. Both scapes into IAPLC?

Cheers Iain! Thank you for the comment, and no ill just be entering this on into the iaplc. I don't believe an individual should enter more than one tank. It's against the rules and tbh it would be as exciting IMO.

ah, didnt know that. Both are worthy entries mate.

Yes mate, it's one entery supposedly per person. People do enter more than one though. I think I'll enter this one though.

Having bought the same tank, cabinet etc I can only dream of it looking like this mate!

Thank you for the comment ff, I'm sure you'll get yours looking excellent!

Ian, i know you are using an eheim 2073 with this and previous set ups. Can i ask how you find this filter in terms of reliability, noise, maintenance etc. I have always used eheim classic canisters and am considering replacing one with a 2073 and would appreciate some feedback from someone who has run one for some time.

Thanks

Charlie

Me like the flowering moss :) Must be healthy environment. I have had some terrestrial mosses flowering, but never weeping! Bravo!

If we want to be accurate, no moss flowering. This is sporangia those boxes erected at different high handles on asexual sporulation way by which mosses reproduce. These boxes with handles are asexual generation of Mosses or sporophyte. Often occurs in aquatic mosses growing surface. Very good photo

What rate would you say that moss grows at as a guesstimate ? It looks lush :)

Back