• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A London Aquascaping Club?

Malarky

Further to that excellent recent event at Roots and Shoots in Vauxhall, I wondered how many people might be interested in an informal quarterly meet-up at the same venue, with perhaps a view to initiating a more regular London Aquascaping Club if there was sufficient interest?

Hello. Yes would be interested in trying something out. I believe there is a facebook page but I am no longer admin on that.
We would host at our houses and bring stuff along for swops. LFKC went on for a few years before most of the members actually moved out of London. But it was a fun forum :)

I just checked and the last actual meeting was back in 2011 !!!
That was when my main tank was scaped by the forum members along with James Star Marshall adding some tweaks for me :)

Happy to host a meet in a few months time perhaps? Maybe LondonDragon will finally visit me after all these years :D

Ah just saw this!! So glad you enjoyed the Splash day :) I'm only just recovering from it this month!

Unfortunately Roots and Shoots isn't a great venue for a regular meetup as it's usually only open Mon-Fri 9-5 (special events like Splash are once or twice a year), but rotational visits of people's flats and places around there, or visits to variuos London LFSs and the pub after sounds really lovely. Always good to see how people actually do things, the tanks always look more amazing irl.

We used to meet up often at one stage, take turns around members houses, check their tanks, scape a tank even, exchange stuff, bring and share some food, I had a full house once too haha

Maybe time to rekindle that, we also sometimes met at a local fish store and then had a bite to eat somewhere and a chat! That was cool too ;)

Why don't we put a date on the calendar for a meet let's say at Aquatic Design Centre which most know and is easy to get too!! There are plenty of coffee shops/restaurants in the area too for a bite/drink!

Back