• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A huge thanks to UKAPS :)

Don't laugh Neil! :shifty::rolleyes: It actualy is quite ironic isn't it. He gets a huge tank from ukaps for all the effort.. and we keep him much too bussy with our babbling so that he doesn't get the chance or time to set it up.. :lol: :oops:

I finished my first scape and have tear it down for my second now :crazy::crazy::shh::shh:

P.S. Neil if you want to take over running the forum it will give me an extra hour a day for scaping ;)

There we go, better late than ever I guess!! :eek::eek::p

potential plant list!

Rotala rotundifolia 'H'ra' x 2
Rotala rotundifolia 'Orange Juice' x 2
Rotala species 'Yao Yai' x 2

Juncus repens x 1

Cryptocoryne beckettii x 2
Cryptocoryne legroi x 2

Bolbitis heudelotii x 1
Bolbitis Rare Dwarf Species x 1

Bucephalandra wavy green x 1
Bucephalandra Theia Varieties x 2
Bucephalandra sp. Red Tropica x 1

Microsorum pteropus 'Petite' x 4
Microsorum trident x 4

Anubias barteri var nana x 1
Anubias barteri var nana Pangolino x 2
Anubias barteri var nana mini x 2
Anubias barteri var nana 'Paxing' x 2

Lilaeopsis 'Novea-Zealandiae' x 5
Eleocharis sp. 'Mini' x 5

Taiwan Moss x 1
Weeping Moss x 1

Let's see if this finally happens!! haha

Two and a half years between first hardscape and the plant list!
That's got to be a record.
Hahaha indeed, tank has been empty for quite sometime, due to lack of time and also interest :rolleyes::rolleyes:, so I thought it's now or never!! Either plant it or get rid of it! So will try the planted first and take it from there!! ;)

Not 100% happy with the hardscape, but I will aim for for a Nature Aquarium style.

Equipment list has also changed a little:

Aquascape 900 Aquarium and cabinet (90x50x45cm) around 180l

Twinstart E900 LED Light + with timer/dimmer controller

Eheim Professionel 3e 600T thermofilter
Borneo Wild Metal Lily pipe set

CO2 Dual Gauge Regular and Selonoid (5Kg FE)
ADA Pollen Glass Beetle 300 CO2 Diffusor (decided not to use the Aquamedic 1000 reactor)

GHL 4 pump auto doser
Will be using the EI Dry salts all in one fertilizer solution with a 2l container.

@LondonDragon whats that piece of kit next to the fire extinguisher in the photo on post #44?
It's a smoothie blender!! as someone said in the past! lol

Actually its a magnetic stirrer that I use to mix up the dry salts when making the all-in-one solution, just makes everything disolve quickly and evenly. Since it is powered in theory you can also put it on a timer and set it to mix the liquid for a couple of minutes before dosing (have not tried that)!!

Be like FOA and make that x 3 :cool:

And some Rotala “green” to break up those orange and red stems ;)

Though we relay need some hardscape photos to justify plant suggestions :oops:
If they turn red, might end up with a bunch of green anyway haha
Hardscape is a couple pages back! ;)

With the pieces I have I did manage to come up with this so far, still needs some work and that is not the final substrate, it will be Tropica soil, just need to get the plant list sorted and make a start, I have everything now, took delivery of a 5Kg CO2 cylinder last week, so just thinking what to use in terms of fertelizers, I was thinking going down the dry salts route, might start with that and see where that goes!

View attachment 105266

Cheers
Paulo

:sorry:
I read that as changes still to come
:wideyed:

If they turn red, might end up with a bunch of green anyway haha
Hardscape is a couple pages back! ;)
While R rotundifolia can insistently remain green (I didn’t actually believe this until Mark Evans couldn’t get his to show pinks) I think your variants are pretty insistently red :)

:sorry:
I read that as changes still to come
:wideyed:
Did not get hold of any more hardscape so this will have to do for now ;) just need to get this started and take it from there lol missus getting fed up of an empty tank in the living room lol

Hi all, You don't have to be a member to read the posts. I lurked here for quite a while before I joined (in 2008).

cheers Darrel
Some people are still lurking since 2007!! haha :)

Hi all, You don't have to be a member to read the posts. I lurked here for quite a while before I joined (in 2008).

cheers Darrel

I think you guys are better at this than me - I only lurked for a few months and then had to join to ask why my Java fern was yellow! @alto - you made me LOL at the memory of Mr. Evans killing it with his tanks but bizarrely unable to turn his rotala red!

Back